Ginger Baker RIP

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Big fan of Cream and some of the other bands he played with.

He was on this album with PIL with Tony Williams if that says anything for his skills.

Arfer Mo

Site Supporter
RIP Ginger, I remember seeing him live when he was in Airforce.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I saw him live with Cream at Chelmsford Corn Exchange in 1966 or 67. One of the great concerts swith one of the great bands and one I still remember
It's hard to imagine him at 80, then I remember how old I am.
RIP Ginger.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
He was unbelievably cantankerous and grumpy and left a trail of carnage behind him but he was a really good drummer. RIP.

DFL

Site Supporter
I don’t wish to speak ill of anyone that has passed but the above observations are accurate. Only in recent years Ginger came into a car dealership I worked at in Canterbury not far from his Kent home, shall I say he wasn’t the easiest customer to deal with.

But he was an integral part of an iconic band with some great music and that’s what the majority will remember him for.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I was a huge cream fan back in the day, I'm pleased that Jack Bruce organsied the final concert back in the mid noughties, it gave him a final crack. RIP Ginger.

nejohn

Site Supporter
My older brother introduced me to cream when I was more interested in the stranglers etc, very different from what I was listening to at the time but as I grew older I appreciated their music more and the contribution they made to the UK music scene, great musicians all of them and held together by gingers incredible drumming...great drummer but when you hear Clapton, Bruce and others speak he obviously lacked a little in the people skills department....but let's remember him for what he was good at ...and he was very good at it

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Cream were, well the cream. But they did knock some shyte amongst the greatness. Baker was a pretty good polo player too. How he lasted until 80 given the industrial quantities of heroin that he pumped in to himself is little short of a miracle.
R.I.P.