Getting excited....

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Now we're finally allowed out I've got Saturday planned at Gold Valley and the week after I've booked 24 hours at Windsor View.

I used to go to what is Gold Valley now when I was a kid and it was a members club and my Dad would wind surf there and after we would fish with some family friends. It was the first place I fished. Not my first choice normally but my fishing buddy wants to fish it so I'll be going to catch up with him as well, albeit from a safe distance.

Windsor View is somewhere I have never been but has 30 pegs and only allowing 16 of them to be used. Looks nice, good head of decent fish plus no rules other than be sensible. The bailiff apparently will make sure you're not fishing with death rigs etc but leave it to the angler.

Can't wait to get out and wet a line. Been working from home just as much as before the lockdown, if anything it's been busier and more stressful keeping the team together plus I've got a new starter to get trained remotely. Really need some down time and hopefully the fish will oblige.
Problem is I want to do everything, method feeder, waggler, bomb, pva bags, new fixed spool and centre pin reels, specimen and quiver rods, everything from every YouTube video I've been watching for the last couple of months. Then its baits, pellets, meat, corn, boilies worm, maggot, caster, I want to have a go with it all.

Must be sensible and decide an approach before I ruin it all by chopping and changing every 15 minutes... going to be a long couple of days at work...

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I'd go the 'softly softly' approach first. Pole, waggler and feeder just to see what's about. Baits I would take would be maggot, caster, corn and luncheon meat. Pole for margins, waggler for further out and on the drop, feeder for bottom fishing. That way you have 3 bases covered and all depths catered for, if you do start to see 'lumps' getting active, it gives something to look forward to on your next trip there with the heavier gear.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm excited too. Dunno how Gold Valley fishes but I know what I'm going to do on my water, waggler fish with corn over pellets. Nice simple day. And I'm going to choose a peg that I know you don't have to margin fish, just out of personal preference.

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
I don't own a pole so that is one less thing to worry about at least.

I think I'll take pellet, meat and corn for hook bait and groundbait and hemp. I'll fish a normal feeder and a method feeder on the other rod and have a waggler rod as well and switch to that occasionally.

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
I don't own a pole so that is one less thing to worry about at least.

I think I'll take pellet, meat and corn for hook bait and groundbait and hemp. I'll fish a normal feeder and a method feeder on the other rod and have a waggler rod as well and switch to that occasionally.
Invest in a pole mate, then you’ll be able to change your monika!

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I've just loaded up the car for this afternoon session on the club waters. We're operating a shift system so you can either fish 6am until 1pm or 2pm until dusk.
I'm also excited. Pellet, meat & corn on the menu.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just booked 3 swims on a local commercial for next Thursday for me, my grandad and my uncle or cousin. Obviously we’ll go in separate cars and distance as we live in separate houses but figured as they are only allowing 4 anglers per lake given 3 out 4 will be us it should be very safe. We all know we haven’t been anywhere so just have to hope the 4th bloke is not a knob!

Haven’t fished the place in over 10 years, never used to be up to much but it was pretty new then so hopefully it’s matured a bit. Tbh there’s a massive lack of alternatives around here with the rivers closed, canal hard to distance and most non commercial day ticket places still closed so it’ll be better than nothing.

violator

Going tomorrow, I'd actually prepped to go the morning after lockdown was announced so I won't have to do much else

Tony