Getting excited before going fishing

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Does anyone else get that giddy feeling the day or so before going fishing?

At my age you'd think it would have worn off by now (the giddy feeling before fishing bit before anyone says owt lol) ,but no, I still get the anticipation, the excited buzz, and the time until going can't pass fast enough :D

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I always do, When @sly comes to pick me up (5.30am-ish), I'm up at 1.30am to 2.00am making sure that all is prepared and ready to go. When it gets to 5.00am I start clock watching in case he's early. :giggle:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I always start getting excited a good few days before going fishing, the sense of anticipation and adventure never lessens regardless of how often I go.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I don't think it ever leaves you. I still struggle to sleep if i'm out on an early one, and the night after i'm plagued by dreams of floats going under. is anyone else like that?

If anything I'm opposite. If I've had a bad session or lost a couple of good ones, I can't sleep for thinking of what I could have or should have done and also thinking of what improvements can I make for my next trip to that venue. It bugs the heck out of me, and that's after 56 years of angling.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
I always do, When @sly comes to pick me up (5.30am-ish), I'm up at 1.30am to 2.00am making sure that all is prepared and ready to go. When it gets to 5.00am I start clock watching in case he's early. :giggle:
And that ain't too often though ???

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I haven't got time to sit here and chat and say how excited I am, I'm off to Eye Kettleby to meet a fellow MD'er for a day's fishing must dash............ :)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Doesnt everyone ? Going fishing and the anticipation is the best thing in the world. How many of us think ..... One more fish and then Im going home, go on then, just one more, Ill have to get off soon, this next fish is definitely the last. ?

Total

Site Supporter
Doesnt everyone ? Going fishing and the anticipation is the best thing in the world. How many of us think ..... One more fish and then Im going home, go on then, just one more, Ill have to get off soon, this next fish is definitely the last. ?

^^Exactly this. :giggle:......Yesterday, "Just one more cast/fish....".......Gets home, eventually to plenty of this ......:blahblah::blahblah::nono::nono::smash2::roflmao::giggle:

AdeB

Site Supporter
I always get excited a few days prior to going, long may it continue!

nejohn

Site Supporter
I am finally going to get a session on the river tomorrow, it's not for the want of trying but it will be my 1st this season, had all of my kit sorted on tuesday night stacked neatly by the door in the shed just have to pick it up and get it in the car, been checking the weather forcast on about 4 different web sites every hour for the last couple of days, leaving work early to day to pick up bait, will probably not sleep tonight and be ready for an early start.....what could go wrong.......with my luck this season .......watch this space

ukzero1

Site Supporter
"What could go wrong"....how long a list do you want? 2 words mate...Sods law.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have already had most things go wrong this year everthing from being called into work, daughter falling down stairs, car failure, washing machine flooding the kitchen all on the morning of going fishing.......so tomorrow don't be surprised if we have a plague of locusts...!!