Getting dark early?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I noticed it was pitch black at 9pm last night so I asked Alexa "What time is sunset?" and she said, "8.03pm!".

I suppose it's normal for this time of year but it does make me wonder where the summer has gone. You don't get many months of proper Summer fishing when the closed season only ends halfway through June. It's starting to feel like Autumn already? Sometimes we can have glorious Augusts but to be honest the weather is pretty decent for fishing at the moment.

I'm thinking about heading to the Severn for a few hours after I get my 'injection' at 1pm. I'll get a few hours in but if I fish till 8pm I'll be driving home in the pitch black by the time I've walked back to my car. I've mentioned before that even though I've found a better route to the Severn, I still don't like the night drive as people tend to drive too fast down these A roads.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
It's been not too bad for fishing the river apart from the lack of rain, if it was baking hot like last year it would have been worse. Prime barbel fishing is just round the corner for me come September/October.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's been not too bad for fishing the river apart from the lack of rain, if it was baking hot like last year it would have been worse. Prime barbel fishing is just round the corner for me come September/October.
Yeah I'm looking forward to those months. It only seems a couple of weeks ago when sunset was 9pm. But it's overcast and threatening rain at the moment so doesn't look too bad for a Barbel or two.