Getting closer to a job in fishing!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
After 5 months of working in the garden machinery department of an import and distribution company on Monday I’m being transferred to the marine department that amongst other things sells fishing boats, landing nets, rod holders, fish boxes etc so I’m getting closer to actually getting a job in a fishing related industry. Is quite a surreal feeling that I could end up with a career related to one of my hobbies!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I felt the same when I was offered a job by Dick Clegg, (If you don't know the name, google it). It was always a dream of mine to get a job which related to my hobby of fishing and had a great time working for him in his shop and making floats in the factory.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Good luck with the re-assignment which I am sure it will make going to work a lot more enjoyable, as it's in an area that you are genuinely interested in. If you enjoy what you do, your 80% there in a job to my mind. Not to mention the staff discount too. :)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Indeed I’m looking forward to it which is certainly an unusual feeling towards work and yeah the staff discount could be handy!

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I can see you start a new business 'Silverfisher's Maggotdrowners Discount Tackle Shop.' :D