German Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
well after a match at perrite where i came in 5th or 6th i thoght it was time to get back out on the bank. o had a chat to ojfrancis and the date was set wednesday 1st August we were going to german lane

well after an earlly morning couldnt sleep so had to sit for an hour and half waiting for oj we finally made it to the bank looked like it was going to be a fantastic day nice breeze going across the lake and the sun was shining fantastiv me was thinking when i got to my peg to find all the carp moving about in the lilly pads this should be fun, but then i remembered wheres the bait course i hadnt been the shop off on the moped we go get back 13 quid lighter and start to set up but the carp are still moving in the pads but oh no ive forgotten to buy my one day licence so off to the post office we go come back 3.25 lighter anyway away i go fishing next to the pads. how boring it was sat for three quartres of an hour with out a bait then suddenly my float on the top kit shoots under i think yesss and stirke and its a one ounce rudd on a size 16 fox hook with a piece of corn on.

so after getting bored of that i decide lets see whats up in the water 11 metres out after 10 mins i was in to around about a 2 pound carp which on 25s elastics gave a very good account of its self. suddenly i hear splashes to my left oj has manged to get a fish out of the pads. all i heard was oj shouting no get away from there as it headed straight for the pads after a minute or 2 of playing he landed the fish about 4lbs in weight.

after this it went dead not a fish being caught and from around 11 til 3 it was dead. but after this time things picked up oj had decided fishing in the reeds would be a winner and i was on the feeder fishing next to an airator oj on the other hand gone to ask if we could fish the river behind the fields my tip swang round cause i had forgotten to put the free spool on and i was into a ghostie playing this for around 5 mins bout to slip it under the net and the worst thing ever happens i slip the hook so out we go again seconds after landing i was into a great fish the drag went for around 10 metres before i struck and the suddenly the fish started heading for me now its time to reel then the carp decided actually im going under evrybodies poles and the fish stripped 20 metres of line with out thinking of it and straight through three swims and then the bu**er snapped me oh no . next fish snapped me aswell i wasnt having fun on the tip so we deiced to hit the river not a touch although we found some perfect fishing areas. so back to the pit we go i deide im having a fish out of the reids if its the last thing i do found a great little hole and fed it with corn and 4mm carp pellets only to find after 2 mins the swim is heaving with fish so in goes the foot deep rig and bang straight away i was in and strAIGHT OUT WENT THE FISH course i was to slow to react and it got away unfortunately but as i was crying oj had got a fish only 2lb but they all countafter re-rigging into the reids i went again corn and pellet and i lost another so i decided i am going to invade ojs swim hehe.

suddenly i hear oj shouting i need pole give me it quick as he is chasing a fish around the lake lol after it gets closer i said to him that is one big mirror carp whilst trying to fit it in his net but it didnt fit so off to get my net we went. came back with my net and in it went. on weighing the fish it weighed in at 9and a half lb which is good for german lane but not the biggest. anyway getting bored now

we packed away and weighed hat fish had been put in the net oj weighed in 35lb + his 9lb carp = 44lb
and i the roach basher weighed in a mere 9lb[:(][:(] now thats a bad day for german lane

thanks for reading everybody

Originally posted by Raven04

well in my opinion german lane is cr*p, hate the place sorry

after wednesday i highly agree with you

he has put the price up as well it is 5 quid to fish there now

little_roach

Bazzer
Live round the corner but I've never fished it. Had a look at it once, early morning on way to work. The bins were overflowing litter was all over and rats were running round all over the place. I got the distinct impression that it was a very uncared for fishery. May be wrong but with so many other great fisheries round here never even thought about having another look.

Status
Not open for further replies.