George Floyd

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Chauvin was prepared to plead guilty to a state charge of third degree murder, but there is still a federal investigation being carried out. It must be confusing when you can be investigated by the state and by federal agents..

A lot of US states no longer have the death penalty but if you are charged under Federal statutes the death penalty is an option.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I wonder if he's found not guilty will the BLM supporters start rioting over here too 🤔 because nothing says "black lives matter" like a looted pair of Nikes and a 55 inch telly.

Last edited by a moderator:

MountainAsh

Site Supporter
Would appear Vice President Biden has thrown in his .10 cents of opinion probably after someone reminded him that George Floyd wasn’t a boxer.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Would appear Vice President Biden has thrown in his .10 cents of opinion probably after someone reminded him that George Floyd wasn’t a boxer.
Difficult to believe that politicians are commenting on a live case. It must be impossible for the jury to form an opinion under these circumstances.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Difficult to believe that politicians are commenting on a live case. It must be impossible for the jury to form an opinion under these circumstances.
Already been said because of politicians comments that there needs to be a guilty verdict that a retrial is possible

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Guilty on all charges apparently.

Now the calls for a mistrial and appeals can begin.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I think the media and not least Joe Biden have made a very good case for a re trial. The guy had no chance of anything approaching a fair trial as even before a jury had been chosen he had already stood trial by media. Not saying the guy was innocent but even if he was he would have been found guilty. Joe Biden has certainly overstepped the mark by asking the jury to deliver a guilty verdict...he should have kept quiet and let justice to take at least a look like it was being done. If his remarks had been made by the orange one there would have been a public outcry

John Step

Site Supporter
I wonder if there will be any kind of reluctance by police in the USA to engage in an arrest of black man who does not come quietly. Just walk away, not worth the hassle?
I know a gun was not involved in this case but generally there must be a constant fear of being shot whilst on duty as there are so many guns over there.
It must breed a mindset of going in hard straight away as a form of self preservation even when its not always necessary.

Anyway not a job to be recommended over there or even here nowadays??

centerpin fan

I wonder if there will be any kind of reluctance by police in the USA to engage in an arrest of black man who does not come quietly. Just walk away, not worth the hassle?
I know a gun was not involved in this case but generally there must be a constant fear of being shot whilst on duty as there are so many guns over there.
It must breed a mindset of going in hard straight away as a form of self preservation even when its not always necessary.

It’s already happened. It’s called the “Ferguson effect”.

centerpin fan

Ta. Just had a quick scan of that. It would appear there is or there isnt depending on how a politician/commentator spins it?
That was the first link that popped up when I Googled it. There are more “scholarly” takes on it. Intuitively, it makes perfect sense.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Politicians should keep their gobs shut and not comment on the outcome of ongoing trials.

The only thing in Bidens favour was that the jury were already sequestered and did not hear his comment.

I believe the judge stating he could call a mistral were because of comments by Maxine Waters.

Blanks

Site Supporter
The guy had no chance with the media and political interest he was hung out to dry. Floyd was high on fentanyl and a dealer of drugs an armed robber and thug. Fentanyl is the curse of all US cities, 50 times stronger than heroin, I know if there was someone dealing that to my kids I would be happy to see them disposed of in such a manner.