Geoff Cooper Bagging Up in Ireland 2

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Good to see all these posts - there really are some amazing places still left here in Ireland. A sad time was when we had too many people from various nationalities just slaughtering coarse fish but thankfully those days are becoming fewer now, especially in the north. If any of you ever want to come to the North, I'd be more than happy to show you a few of my spots - especially on the Erne. And if any of you remember a time when the Classic was the "Sealink" Classic festival - they used to include the Colebrooke River as a section - the McVitty's mile section has been fishing it's nuts off with big hybrids last two seasons throughout the summer months! Pegs are a little ropey but it's rarely fished by anyone now!

Not sure the Colebrook was ever included as a section in the main festival (perhaps it was after I stopped going). But we used to fish the King Of The Colebrooke on one of the rest days. What a river!

2lbRoach2hand

Not sure the Colebrook was ever included as a section in the main festival (perhaps it was after I stopped going). But we used to fish the King Of The Colebrooke on one of the rest days. What a river!
Yes, I remember that - you are probably right - I've got it mixed up - The McVitty's Mile section is really fishing well again! Not great access and a lot of the pegs are overgrown a bit but if you can find a few on the bends near the road it's really good fishing!