Geese - Is this legal?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just been back over there, I didn't speak to the fella who did it but I made it abundantly clear that it's illegal to use such practises without a license. A license which they do not own. I also made it clear that I'm far from a snitch, But if it happens again I'll be reporting him to the proper authorities, Not only that I'll be reporting him to the council, Who owns the pond and rents it out to the 'committee' for use. He would've heard all this, I also have photographic evidence of him finishing up his practise.

The Goose is currently on the nest, And is pretty hostile but I'll pop back over tonight and remove the clutch of eggs, Hopefully she lays double and amount she currently has and hopefully, he gets covered in double the amount of sh*t he would have if he wouldn't have been a d*ckhead the first time round.

not a nice chap

Cheers guys
What a disgusting thing to do. I’m a big believer in Karma so hopefully what goes around comes around and he gets his comeuppance.

Total

Site Supporter
Rubbish pal. One bream and a few bits. Think I need more of your coaching. I’ll start saving up. 🤣🤣👍 880C005B-C7CA-4746-8939-A5C37922AB23.jpeg
It's gradually getting better, going on the numbers/variety of fish (If caught on your A&C canal).....;)(y)

Can't book you in for a coaching session just yet mate, really busy!....:rolleyes:.......Please give me a bell when you've saved up enough and I'll book you in for "I'm just a poor pensioner "special! LMAO....:oops:(y):ROFLMAO:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Don’t report him to the RSPB as it will cause the club a ton of grief - report the idiot directly to DEFRA who will deal with it efficiently and without dramas.

As has been said already the control of any geese as pest species may only be carried out in specific ways and under licence. The law relating to the disturbance of wild birds on their nests is very specific - Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 - and the fines are unlimited plus up to 6mths imprisonment.

Tell the moron to wind his neck in.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
If it is indeed Greylag geese, then they are protected in the UK under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and are on the endangered list (listed as Amber). So the answer is it legal?..NO, it's even illegal to interfere with a nest.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It's gradually getting better, going on the numbers/variety of fish (If caught on your A&C canal).....;)(y)

Can't book you in for a coaching session just yet mate, really busy!....:rolleyes:.......Please give me a bell when you've saved up enough and I'll book you in for "I'm just a poor pensioner "special! LMAO....:oops:(y):ROFLMAO:
There can’t be much left for Alan Scothorne to learn can there ? Crikey. It didn’t take you this long to teach Des Ship or Bob Nudd did it ? Still struggling with long pole is he ? 🙄🤣🤣

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Just leave the nest alone, let nature take its course now, I'm led to believe sometimes pricking the eggs doesn't work and they still survive, if they don't they may lay again anyway.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Total is teaching them to sit at home all day and never go fishing 👍😂
Aye, some that fish and some that talk about it Gazza. 🤣🤣. I’ve not even seen head nor tail of his hook length box yet. I’m sure he promised us a pic. 🤣🤣🤣.

John Step

Site Supporter
The RSPB prick canada geese eggs on their reserves when they get out of hand.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick .....This should fully explain and show you what a hook length box is Mick....:whistle:;):ROFLMAO:

Yeah but me and Chefster are wanting to see your adapted tupperware hook length box Mark. 👍 C’mon, we’ve showed you ours now let’s see yours. It’s not got a dead squirrel in it has it ? 🤮

Total

Site Supporter
Yeah but me and Chefster are wanting to see your adapted tupperware hook length box Mark. 👍 C’mon, we’ve showed you ours now let’s see yours. It’s not got a dead squirrel in it has it ? 🤮
You've got two hopes mate of me advertising my gear on here, and one of 'em is 'Bob';):ROFLMAO: