Gay asylum seekers

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Wallace

leo
Yesterday a judge aloud two failed asylum seekers to stay in Britain because they were gay and would be in danger if the were returned to the country they came from. Will this latest ploy to stay in Britain by asylum seekers open the flood gates.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
They could be Taliban suicide bummers[:0]

Thebestboxever

I've spent most of the day communicating with fellow lawyers, ridiculing the nonsense, bile and vitirol on the Daily Mail message board. I'm glad to see that this site (a) has not fallen into the same trap and (b) most importantly, added a bit of humour to the situation.

flotador

Originally posted by Thebestboxever

I've spent most of the day communicating with fellow lawyers, ridiculing the nonsense, bile and vitirol on the Daily Mail message board. I'm glad to see that this site (a) has not fallen into the same trap and (b) most importantly, added a bit of humour to the situation.

Im suprised that the DM doesnt get prosecuted for inciting racial hatred, on a almost daily basis.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Best laugh Ive had in months godber and sven, both great lines :)

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I've a funny feeling that someone's getting shafted...

nrayner

Gay Ass ylum Seekers? Pull the other one! I'll bet it's just an excuse by a couple of tight arses who want to cruise the British Benefit scene (dive for cover).

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It makes you want to question the legal system and courts in this country - I've never heard anything so ridiculous.

So now everytime a failed asylum seeker goes in front of an appeal court they could add this to their list of excuses as to why their lifes would be threatened if they were sent back to their country of origin and most likely win because judgement has already being recorded

What a bummer [V]

Thebestboxever

Originally posted by Dave

It makes you want to question the legal system and courts in this country - I've never heard anything so ridiculous.

So now everytime a failed asylum seeker goes in front of an appeal court they could add this to their list of excuses as to why their lifes would be threatened if they were sent back to their country of origin and most likely win because judgement has already being recorded

What a bummer [V]

Not really - the courts don't work in that way. As with all aspects of asylum claims, you do need proof - you can't claim for reason X, then, when you get infront of the beak, claim for reason Y (well, you can, but your case would be demolished).

And what's the problem if the facts are proven? You can't really be thinking that sending a homosexual person back to Iran (judicial execution likely) or Cameroon (extra-judicial execution likely) is in anyway a just thing to do?

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Does paradise allow poo bay martyrs through the doors? What about the 70 virgins reward for blowing up western civilisation? Has political correctness been clasped by the world of international terrorism?

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
I think you've lost two virgins Godber. [?]
Or were there not enough to make the number up. [;)] [:D]

Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.