Gardening

62tucker

Site Supporter
64F4091B-375F-41ED-966C-405B019B9CE8.jpeg

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I thought it might be a goldenrod of some sort. (but only by searching the 'net for similar pics).
Nope. Not Goldenrod.
They're now about 5ft tall with pinkish flowers. Can anyone identify them now please?
flowers.jpg

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've been having some strawberries and ice cream each evening most nights recently, my parents strawberries have done really well.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Wild flowers are amazing once you start looking into them.
I only started a few years ago when I retired. Now I can name a few. 👍
Got rose bay and greater willow herb near me.
My teacher said the greater has flowers from all leaf joins. 🤷‍♂️

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
😀don't want them all ready at the same time mate. I think it's nature slowing things down due to the heat. Hopefully wjen things settle they will start to ripen in order. That picture is only 10 of the plants , I've another 16 , 10 beef and 6 cherry/ salad. All the beef in the greenhouse are slowly ripening as they are more temperature and light controlled but those outside are being really slow to even think about ripening.

biggsy

My dad always had a piece of red cloth in the greenhouse, said it helped the toms turn.
Not sure if he was away wi fairies but always had a good crop.:unsure:

davylad

Site Supporter
The Toms look brilliant at the minute, just starting to ripen. I've had to support some of the trusses as they were in danger of snapping with the weight. I grew a cucumber plant which produced 4 nice fruits, is that normal or should there have been more?

grumpy44

Site Supporter
good year for my cucumbers, grow the full size ones, have had about 25 off i put them on the wall for people to take. toms slow this year, small ones ok but the bigger ones seem way late.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
How many cues you get can alter massively. Variety, and growing conditions can make or break your harvest, but 4 seems a bit light. Are you letting them run or are you training them ?

davylad

Site Supporter
I've just cut back on the water and feed, as although it's a cracking crop, they're not ripening properly.