Garden peas as bait??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

mookie
Hi All --- Anyone out there used garden peas as bait?? was thinking of trying this year mixed with groundbait with a cage feeder...for roach or bream....any suggestions would be welcomed...oh do you have to cook em first.....

Cheers me dears...

MOOK

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
The only reference to fishing with peas I have seen was years ago. Then they were a good bait down stream of a cannery. Never tried them myself. John

chill out go fishing

MALC

jaw-dropper.gif
THE SECRET IS OUT!
Hi Mookie Garden Peas are a great under used bait for river roach and chub and also carp and tench like them.

Back in the late 70's and early 80's when i fished the Kennet and Thames around Reading Peas were one of the best bait's to use for Roach and Chub in the weir pools.

I used to loose feed Hemp and Wheat with a few Peas added then fish the Peas and Wheat on the hook either with the stick float or feeder.
I caught many Roach and Chub back then.

More recently i've tried them on the commercials for carp and tench and they like them as well, but as with any "NEW" bait dont think you'll get good results straight away as it can take ages for the fish to switch on to them.

One way i used to fish them in the feeder on running water was to mash up 1pint of Wheat with a tin of Mushey Peas and use this in an open end feeder with some Hemp/Wheat and Peas mixed in and have a Pea on the hook.

Have you ever tried Baked Beans small Carp love them.

Hope that helps a bit and let us know how you get on with them.

ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

AlexR

always thought baked beans would work for carp... maybe worth a try!

;)

martin.

Account Locked
hi.
tried b.b.s a few times you aught to see the tench bubbles in the swim.
tight lines
martin.

paul mc

Hi ive never tried peas but i have used and caught on black eyed beans tho they do take a while to prepare properly

Regards Paul Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.