Garbolino Super G10 16m pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

reveal13

Well after drooling at this pole for a while I went out and bought one!
Ive got both a tournament and G995 so when I put it up I noticed it was better balanced and stiffer than both poles. (and all my spare from my G995 fit...bonus)

Its a joy to use at any length and the number 1s you dont need to cut back at all to accomodate a number 6 elastic!
The long number 4s feel evry strong and this was well founded after hauling over 100lb of carp using the long 4 and orange vespe bi core through the power kits and it never even winced.
The match kits with the number 1 removed require a maver number 6 internal bush to go into the end and when used with drennan yellow bungee it was as stiff as an arrow even with a fish on the end, making the elastic work rather than the pole, I cant wait to use it in the winter with light hollo elastic for f1s and silvers!

The finish on it is also extremely good, and the package of 2 top 4s, 2 top 3s, 2 power kits, 2 short power number 4s and an extendable cupping kit will suit just about everyone.

Garbolino have made a top class pole, if your in the market for a top class pole this must be one to be somewhere near the top of the list!

Incidently, ive fished this pole to over 19.5m and you can still strike with comparative ease!

Last edited:

C.A.T.C.H.

Got to agree with reveal 13.
Ive had this pole a few months now and every time I use it it brings a smile to my face.
Fished at 14.5mtrs today in a strong wind and found it managable.
The pole is very stiff and when you hook a fish it hardly bends which can be a little nerve racking until you get confidence in the poles ability.
I cant understand why other G10 owners have not posted on this review but hey Im really pleased with mine.

T.

Last edited by a moderator:

hellsbells

Me too, i'm totally happy with the G10, which is a first for me after owning 10 poles and always finding something up with them the G10 is spot on. It really is a pleasure to use at all lengths and will handle just about all you throw at it.

GRIFF

Totally agree with the comments made above, this is my first expensive pole and i am really pleased with it. I have had it 3 months now have had no issues with it. I have caught double's from the margins and the strength in the pole is amazing, like whats already been said it hardly bends, even when you have a fish on. It is as straight as an arrow even at 16m. I had this pole set up at bobco in Leeds next to the Airity, Elite 77, gis12 and a few others. I thought this pole was in a class of its own and it wasn't the most expensive by far compared to the others. The Airity felt a bt lighter, but looked like a banana next to the g10. The G10 just felt like the right pole for me, if you are in the market for a new pole then i would certainly consider picking one of these up and comparing it with others in the same price range and higher. The cupping kit is also great, being extendable the lenth can be altered to suit what ever lenth of top kit.

midge99

I'm sold, I have been looking for a new pole and this was on my list[:T]

reveal13

Well ive still got mine and have got a second one to compliment it, brilliant poles.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I understand that garbolino are now offering a day's free tuition with their sponsored anglers to anyone who purchases a G10

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Dave
I'm getting the GMAX 700 on Friday. You also get a days fishing with one of their boys as well with this pole.
Simon.

Real ideas

Nick Palmer
Site Supporter
I was holding one at Fosters only last week and very impressed at the stiffness but even at 14.5 not as light as I expected it to be. Then again if you want rigidity plus strength you will not get it without good wall thickness therefore weight.

Genus9

My Mate has one that He got for a bargin price (1200) [:D]

I've held it next to My Gis12 Absolute and find it heavier the the 12 but it feels like a strong piece of kit, [:)]

He's found that all the power top kits off His old Trabucco Dreamteam Carp1 fit perfectly so now has 14 top kits, [:D]

steve55

i've had one for a while now ( g 10 ) i just don't know where i'll go next. someone will have to go to great lengths to top this pole.

Russ G

Rusty
Originally posted by Real ideas

I was holding one at Fosters only last week and very impressed at the stiffness but even at 14.5 not as light as I expected it to be. Then again if you want rigidity plus strength you will not get it without good wall thickness therefore weight.
A heavy strong pole beats a light weight busted one any day!

d1ball

Bally
all about personal opinion but I think the Garbo poles are really heavy....not handled a G10 though to be fair....and before you ask I have a Maver 401....and whatever your opinions of em are....they are very very light......

Status
Not open for further replies.