Garbolino Netsy Twin Scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

macca63

Purchased the above landing net handle last week and used it for the first time today. It comes as a 3 piece take apart two threaded pieces.

Put an 18 inch landing net head on and the thread started to twist round and work loose, managed to fix it back in and started fishing, landed the first fish with it and lifing the handle vertically to grab the spreader block and the thread fell out complete with the net and fish splitting the tip.

Discarded the now useless tip section and put the net on the second section and guess what, the brass thread stated to twist round even that one wasnt secure - held in place with cheap glue.

Its a total waste of cash and definately the last Garbolino item I will ever buy.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Have you been back to the supplier or Garbolino regarding this?

macca63

Not yet its going back to the shop first chance I get. I'm getting fed up of paying out for stuff that doesnt do what its supposed to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Fair does

I've sent an email off to Garbolino (as part of our policy) to point them towards this thread, so hopefully it'll be in your favour [:)]

macca63

Dave, thanks I appreciate it I have emailed the shop and will call them today as well, as I work all week wont get chance to take it back until weekend

JoeMarvell

exactly the same happned to me at whiteacres, i bought the handle and on that day the top bit were u screw your net to came out, i took it back and got full refund. worst buy ever.

macca63

I wouldn't mind if they had used some decent glue but it seems to go soft once you get the stuff wet, will be going back tomorrow for a refund/swap for something else - think I will just go for the Airity

peteblade

Macca the Diawa handles haven't had a good write up.

macca63

I know think I will have to try and find a Drennan one that seems to get a good write up, in the meantime I've reverted back to my trusty Daiwa LNP 27 - over 20 years old, fibreglass, telescopic, dead thin and still works. Think glued and pinned is a priority now for me.

hemphead2

hemphead2
get yourself one of these they are cheap and very strong and has 2 threadshttp://www.bosfish.co.uk/PRODUCTS/NETS/ss587handle.htm you wont be dissapointed[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.