Garbolino GMAX 1000 pole

shallowman

This is the best pole on the market in my humble opinion - for my style of fishing anyway.

It is lighter , stiffer , feels stronger ( not had any lumps on it yet ) and better balanced than the G10 pole.

Fished today in a side wind at 14.5m with no problem - apart from my bad shoulder maening I struggled to use a landing net.

It is not cheap , but you do get what you pay for.

Before I start a war , I did say best pole for me , not best pole on the market

shallowman

be warned mate , use one and you will want one[:T][:T]

I will be at shearsby soon for the qualifiers , feel free to try it when I see you there .

It is very stiff so may not be the right pole for you though

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Spike

ive not seen one but a lad i fish with has the G-max 800 and that is a hell of a pole for the money and probably the stiffest pole at 14.5m ive seen[:T]

shallowman

it may be heavier , but it is better balanced so feels lighter.

Genus9

I don't think weight comes into it with poles nowadays, I think it all comes down to how balanced it is,

A chap showed Me the GMAX1000 in the shop Yesterday and We set it up outside and although I'm not a Garbo fan I must admit it was a bit special. [:)]

Gruni

I can only agree to "shallowman", its a fantastic pole. Im using the "G max 1000" for three month now and Im absolute fascinated. I use it mainly for breamfishing, but also for silvers and small carp. For the harder work I use the "G max Power Carp".

Guido

Martin25664

Site Supporter
Hi, out of interest, how far do the new superlight tops need to be cut back and what size internal bush are you using?
I have a G995 which I use without the number 1's and was wondering if the same size bush would give the same length tops as there is no longer a No1 section to remove?

chubhead

have you had any problems with the new pole and is it handling the lumps as well?
Originally posted by shallowman

This is the best pole on the market in my humble opinion - for my style of fishing anyway.

It is lighter , stiffer , feels stronger ( not had any lumps on it yet ) and better balanced than the G10 pole.

Fished today in a side wind at 14.5m with no problem - apart from my bad shoulder maening I struggled to use a landing net.

It is not cheap , but you do get what you pay for.

Before I start a war , I did say best pole for me , not best pole on the market

shallowman

had approx 250lb today in a pleasure session , fish between 1 - 8 lb with no problems , seems strong enough for bigger fish [:T]