Garbolino Antidote

Schady

Hi all. I'm new to forums, so apologies if I'm using the wrong etiquette!!

I'm desperately after a No4 section for a garbolino antidote. Any information would be great! Thank you.

Nicky Dodds

Given that the pole was released over 10 years ago and only for a limited time you may struggle to get a new one from garbolino via a dealer. The only other pole that was built on the same mandrel is the garbolino premier legion and their sections are all compatible with the antidote. However the premier legion may have passed the ten year mark now but at least you have another possible option.

JLK

I have 2 garbolino short 4s with the blue number 4 on them. I got them with a gmax 700 bundle a few years ago but the female end wouldnt fit the number 5.

Would these fit the premier legion as I still have them?

Nicky Dodds

They sound as if they're off either the old super legion or power legion in which case they won't fit.

Schady

Given that the pole was released over 10 years ago and only for a limited time you may struggle to get a new one from garbolino via a dealer. The only other pole that was built on the same mandrel is the garbolino premier legion and their sections are all compatible with the antidote. However the premier legion may have passed the ten year mark now but at least you have another possible option.

Many thanks. I'll have a hunt around!

SteveCol

Hi all new here too so the same as Shady apologise for incorrect etiquette.

You used to be able to get universal top 3’s. Does anyone know if there is a similar thing available for a No4 with a steep taper that can be cut to suit? This may get him out of a muddle?

SteveCol

I have 2 garbolino short 4s with the blue number 4 on them. I got them with a gmax 700 bundle a few years ago but the female end wouldnt fit the number 5.

Would these fit the premier legion as I still have them?

Was the female end of the number 4 too small or too big? I’m assuming too small but always good to check...

JLK

From memory I think it was too big. However the gseries top kits fitted the male end perfectly.

SteveCol

Ok so that means it maybe possible to shorten the femal end then and to fit the No5? How much do you want for them?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Might be worth contacting Esselle Pole repairs as they may well. be able to build you a new section to fit. or repair/refurb a damaged section if you have one.
Their work is absolutely first class . :upthumb:
Telephone 07759678774
Email esselle@polerepairs.co.uk

JLK

I'll measure the female ends with some verniers tomorrow and get back to you.

Nicky Dodds

I used to have a power legion and the antidote was sold alongside it. I actually looked at the antidote but chose the power legion as it was built on the same mandrel as the super legion which I was waiting to be released. Eventually I bought the super so had the dream package. The short 4s are exactly the same description. I then had the G995 and the super G10 which were both built around the G series mandrel. All top kits through the years were usable it was from there backwards compatibility ended. The antidote was a stand alone mandrel until the premiere legion was released. My mate bought a prem and we spent ages trying to find him spare 4s swapping between my poles but nothing else would fit. I got tipped off by a Garbo rep that the antidotes fit so my mate bought a couple off eBay and they are identical. When I bought my power legion I borrowed it and an antidote from the shop to put up side by side in my garden. I tried interchanging sections between the two that's how I know they won't fit.

Schady

I used to have a power legion and the antidote was sold alongside it. I actually looked at the antidote but chose the power legion as it was built on the same mandrel as the super legion which I was waiting to be released. Eventually I bought the super so had the dream package. The short 4s are exactly the same description. I then had the G995 and the super G10 which were both built around the G series mandrel. All top kits through the years were usable it was from there backwards compatibility ended. The antidote was a stand alone mandrel until the premiere legion was released. My mate bought a prem and we spent ages trying to find him spare 4s swapping between my poles but nothing else would fit. I got tipped off by a Garbo rep that the antidotes fit so my mate bought a couple off eBay and they are identical. When I bought my power legion I borrowed it and an antidote from the shop to put up side by side in my garden. I tried interchanging sections between the two that's how I know they won't fit.

Thanks for your knowledge. All very appreciated. I shall not be defeated however ?

Hatman

Drawbag ace
I've emailed Garbolino asking about Antidote or Premiere Legion number 4s or any other compatibles.