garbo method feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

stikflote

Site Supporter
ABOUT a month ago i bought the garbo speed mould and method feeder ,
on useing it sat for about third time i noticed the method feeder had broken,
the lugs that hold weight had broken so only one was holding it on ,.
Igot other method feeders had them for a few seasons ,never had one break like this before ,,i shall think twice before i buy any garbo method feeders again

matchstickman25

I saw loads, i mean loads in a bargin bin in fr the other day going cheap for 4.99. i looked at some, was going to buy one (have been meaning to buy one for some time and seeing them going cheap, it was almonst in my pocket)but the i noticed some appeared to have been used. returns? this left me doubting and i didnt purchase. i would be interested in any other md's experiences using these feeders.

Last edited by a moderator:

HapperDapper

Same thing happened to me with a garbolino method feeder, i had cast close to an island a short distance away after tightening my line to the feeder it felt like it was either falling down the slope or there was a fish on but running towards me, i continued to wind when suddenly the method shot out of the water. On closer inspection the weight had come off. I wouldnt buy another garbolino method feeder instead i buy the smallest ones available from Fishing Republic they are a superb fit in garbolino's mould and cost a fraction of the price, 2 for 1.99 therefore half the price of garbolino

spud

Baggin Machine
I bought the speed mould as well and at first in worked ok until the method feeder broke. I bought 2 more and they broke as well, gave up using the speed mould and just use my hands to put the groundbait on now, using fox flat method feeders which are very good upto now. Think i am going to try the new guru feeders soon.

bb bone

the small fox inline feeders fit perfect in the garbo medium speed mould,don't give up on them they save time,the feeder casts the same every time and the fish get the same amount of feed too.I have just returned from whiteacres and the the mould makes a bid difference.

stikflote

Site Supporter
spud my garbo method feeders broke too,i took back to shop and got replaced ,i e mailed garbo , i find preston and fox feeders fit the garbo mould and they dont break ive had some for years

fatrap

i chucked mine away as the elastic broke due to rubbing in the central tube which is not one piece so has a sharp edge for elastic to rub on i use kobra now

budnudd

tackletartitis
the new guru feeders fit the speed mould lads but think the push button preston type is better.

landau1945

As a pleasure angler,I can't be bothered with speed moulds.I do Ok with hand moulding even if they don't come out the same shape and weight every time.Does it make all that difference?I like the Fox method feeders-small size as our lake is not that big and with a ball of method mix on can cast far enough.

Johnagall

Mate i'm totally not into gimmicks but the moulds are great. really worth it, i'm a lazy angler and it literally makes the job loads quicker

samstone

the preston mould is the dogs danglies

alcockmat

Preston moulds for me too. wouldnt be without it Landau i i dont fish matches either but i find the mould saves so much time hassle and mess.

Matt

Rambo

I agree the preston one is the one to go for

Status
Not open for further replies.