Gabriel's edenbridge

scuttster

Site Supporter
I would guess he will be fishing Silver Lake as they say that is their match lake.

Fished there probably 5 years ago. Looks like they have done some changes to the lakes since then and got a few more big carp in. Never really found it the most inspiring place despite the woodland location.

interesting rule on umbrellas though. Do they even do green match branded umbrellas these days?

47EC21A2-64A0-4636-9B71-FF1B0310FE00.jpeg

Total

Site Supporter
@scuttster .....Agree with your comments above....A cursory glance at the Silver Lake looks like a different lake to their old match lake or the same lake has been remodelled.

The old match lake was never 30 pegs, a sort of race track lake, most 20 pegs(?) and 'snag city' and hardly any water in it....We binned it off...(y)

scuttster

Site Supporter
@scuttster .....Agree with your comments above....A cursory glance at the Silver Lake looks like a different lake to their old match lake or the same lake has been remodelled.

The old match lake was never 30 pegs, a sort of race track lake, most 20 pegs(?) and 'snag city' and hardly any water in it....We binned it off...(y)
using the internet archive the image from this snap shop sounds like this could be how you remember silver lake!

ATTICUS FINCH

Upon further inspection apparently the match is an all in match, so it's puddle pig chasing with the method tight over , they say they are a good size so no lightweight tactics

scuttster

Site Supporter
Will be interesting to hear how you get on. Like I said it has been a good few years since I fished at Gabriels and back then it was tough. Can't say I have seen anything about the how it is fishing.

Total

Site Supporter
Upon further inspection apparently the match is an all in match, so it's puddle pig chasing with the method tight over , they say they are a good size so no lightweight tactics
I can't substantiate if the lake your fishing has been remodelled Bill....If not, tight over with the method/hybrid etc is the way.....It was well snaggy and you literally had to hold the feeder rod and pick up on first indications or the carp would do you in the snags....Pole fishing was all but useless, doing gear in the reeds across etc.....Be prepared to up the gear and inevitable tackle losses .....Most swims are only an underarm chuck....Be lucky....(y)

Total

Site Supporter
12lb mainline and an 8lb hooklength methinks , attached to a 1.75 test curve barbel rod
Then again Bill, if the lake has been remodelled (and hopefully snags removed, including old tackle) then the above would be an overkill....Sorry I can't be more help. The reason we binned the lake off was because the lake became a tackle eater and it got rather expensive. :(.....You had to fish tight over to the snags to get bites and compete in matches. They weren't big fish just those 2 to 4 pounders that given a chance would snag you.