Furzton lake Milton Keynes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enda

Hulk
Hi
Do any of you know this lake ?
If you do could you please let me know some details and information you might have on it.
I will be fishing there in 2 weeks time.
Thanks

Polepot

Poles
Enda,

Although I live in the area I have not fished the water, although I am told it is very good. The is however a very good Web site for Milton Keynes Angling Club which should help.

http://www.mkaa.co.uk

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Enda

You have mail.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

kev coke

enda i take it you have been in contact with lewis about the lake
And when you going to come over abd practice as they are running evening matches on there on thursdays starting next week i think i can go over and have a look if you want as i live down the road from the lake
kev coke

Enda

Hulk
Thanks Guys
I`m heading over on the 5th of August, which is the Monday, I heard about the evening matches, we are not allowed a full days practice on the Thursday, in fact we are only allowed Wednesday, half of Thursday and Friday. We are not allowed enter the evening match either but you can bet we will all be there watching it. I know we are heading over a litle bit early but we will use the time wisely to walk the venue and possibly go some where else to set up our rods and play with some groundbaits. Do any of you know of another venue similar close by to Furzton, we are staying in a Hotel beside the lake.

kev coke

enda there is a lake juat down the road called Caldecotte lake its large and exposed just like furzton lake the only diffrence is hasent got the carp in it that furzton has the only downfall is i heard that the black plague had been on there but last time i was there lots of roach an skimmers mate the only other place i can think of is bradwell lake but it is next to a rubbish tip and parking is a nightmare i would say willen lake but its full of weed gin clear and fishing really bad anythiong else you want to know mate just ask and let me know when your having your first practice session and i will come down and say hello mate

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Enda,

Willen is probably the nearest thing to Furzton.Dave Harrell fished it for this months Match Angling Plus.It is only a couple of miles away.

Will pop over probably with Kev Coke once your are here.

Keith

Enda

Hulk
Yes I saw that feature and was really impressed with it, we actually had a get together this weekend gone and we talked a littel about having a look at a suitable place to go to on the Tuesday and that was the first place most of us thought of. What is Tear Drops like, is that a similar water to Furzton as well ??
Another quick question for you both, groundbait, what would you use ??? And Does anyone fish the slider/waggeler on Furzton ???

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Teardrops and Lodge lake are a lot smaller waters and not affected by the wind so much.Only 5minutes from where you are staying so if you need directions i will bring a map of mk for you.

Enda

Hulk
Hi guys, just a quick message to thank you both for the info.
I really enjoyed my trip across to Milton Keynes, what a cracking venue Furzton is, stuffed with fish of all sizes. Thanks again gfor your help it was very helpful.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Enda,

Glad you enjoyed your time.How did you get on.

Keith

Enda

Hulk
Keith,
The team finished 4th which we were all happy about, if the match was a 3 hour one instead of 4 then we would have finished alot higher.
We were fourth on day one and I think 3rd on day 2, 3 more points would have got us 3rd and we finished way ahead of 5th and 6th places.
I had a tough match on the Saturday coming in 5th in section, I was very disappointed in that result as I know I made a big boo boo by not topping up a lot sooner than I did. The second day I was on A setion which was close to the foot bridge and had a wonderful match and winning the section by a couple of kilos. That section was the big fish section all week in practice with most teams getting some lumps out, I fished for them and got two in the shape of two tench of over 5lbs and over 3lbs plus, lost a tench and with 2 minutes to go lost a carp that was very big, I also had larger roach than the rest of the section by fishing with small red worms on the hook.
I do know that the ladies World Champs are going to be held next year as the NFA said that it was now it`s no.1 choice.
Thanks again for the info.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Enda,

Glad you have done well and any info i have passed onto you helped.Walked past a couple of times with a golden retriever in tow and it would not have been practical to stop and chat.

Keith

Enda

Hulk
You should have stopped and said hello, would have been nice to put a face to the name, I was the big guy in the bunch. You could have even had a go yourself on my kit, we had one guy who came down and had a go on most of our poles as he was in the market for a new one, most of the guys have Maver poles with the exception of myself and one of other guys who is in my club team who have Triana poles, he was most impressed with the Triana Potenzas we were using. I found all of the "locals" that I did chat very friendly as some of them have been over here fishing and were recalling their trips here to me.
What suprised me most was that not many turned up on the match days to have a look at what were 3 of the best teams in the World fishing a speed match on bloodworm and joker. People think that the guys are not approachable and stay away but all of the guys are extremely friendly especially the French and Belgians and most speak reasonable english. I once took apart Eric Lubins box at the europeans a few years back and this year I had a few chats with Diego Da Silva and he was very informative mind you he sat behind me on one of the practice days when I was catching a fish a chuck and gave me the thumbs up to say well done which made my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.