FUNNIEST THING YOU SAW WHILST FISHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

carper2002

'Ronnie'
ONE OF THE FUNNIEST THINGS I SAW WAS A PERSON PUSHING A BANK STICK IN AND IT WENT STRAIGHT IN AND SO DID HE STRAIGHT INTO THE WATER HELL OF A DIVE THEN HE WAS SAT IN HES LONG-JOHNS TRYING TO DRY OUT BUT GIVE HIM HES DUE HE CARRIED ON FISHING ALL-DAY (LOL)

ANOTHER WAS I SAW THIS CHAP JOGGING ROUND THE LAKE I WAS FISHING THE NEXT THING HE STOPPED AT THE SMALL JETTY WHERE THEY PUT THE CANOES IN
AND HE TOOK OF HIS TRACK SUIT TO REVEAL A PAIR OF SWIMMING TRUCKS AND PROMPTLY WENT TO THE EDGE AND DIVED IN TROUBLE WAS IT WAS ABOUT A FOOT DEEP IN WATER THE REST WAS THICK BLACK SLIME AND SILT WHEN HE STOOD UP COVERED IN THIS MUCK WE WHERE ROARING WITH LAUGHTER (LOL)
SO WHAT WAS YOUR FUNNIEST THING YOU SAW WHILST FISHING
CHEERS
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

RONNIE (carper2002)

Ian C

Hi Ronnie,

Several years ago, on one of our regular trips to the fens a chap came with us who was a scream.
On one of the days, he was complaining that he needed to go to the toilet (nearest one was about 5 miles away).
Anyway, eventually (about 10pm) he trotted off to some bushes armed with a loo roll.
We carried on fishing for several hours afterwards, when this guy came to us asking if he had anything on the back of his fishing suit. We looked but couldn't see anything, so asked him why he was so concerned. He explained that ever since he'd gone off into the bushes he'd had the smell of s**t up his nose...
On further investigation, we found he had deposited a large stool in his hood! [:0]
Well, you can imagine, we just fell about the place

Ian C

Apache

When fshing a small carp lake, someone asked me if I would look after their bivvie while they went to the toilet. After a couple of minutes a cow started having a go at the bivvie. Yours truly went round the lake to scare it away and yell at it. A calf that was oblivious to my prescence tried to turn around and run, unfortunately it jumped the wrong wasy...straight into the bloody lake!

ever heard the expression "sounded as if a cow's fallen in". I get told it quite a lot!

Tight Lines
Matt

http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

everyready

well the bets thing i have seen , been out small boat fishing clacton essex ,when we came back in to beach loads of noise from beach lot of women having a party loads of drink and no clothes on
[:D]

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Lots of laughs there lads...well mine actually happened to me, back in the early days when l was a member of Middlesbrough AC...[:D] l decided to have a go on at Hutton Rudby ponds on a boiling hot day back in the mid 80s...
Well set up with brolly due to the heat...sat back on my seatbox and fished on catching tench to 2lb most of the day, then at around 2pm l heard a noise followed by a smell like no other...noticed a local heffer had decided to shi[?][?] down my brolly and it was coming underneath my seatbox..[:D][:D][:D].....in 90f heat not reccomemded ......lol lol

Another...[:D]...l was fishing with a mate at Dinsdale on the River Tees nearer enough the same time..mid 80s......we managed to find two cracking swims.[:p]..but were very low to the water so we had to go in with waders and long banksticks with bait waiters etc...well my mate was futher up the river and was shouting ...hey seen those dozy heffers fooling around on the other side..[:D]..then suddenly one fell in the river...[:D]..[:D]...but my mate realised as the wave was coming across that he couldnt escape the wave..[:D]and yes you guessed it all l saw was bait waiters and other fishing equipment coming down river..[:D][:D][:D]...at this point one baitbox emptied into my swim ....next cast a 3lb chub.....lovely thanks mate....lol lol

Cheers lads....

MOOKSTER....

carpbob3

my mates Martins new pole swimming across the pond after being told by the owner only half an hour before "if your pole fishing dont leave it alone" laugh i nearly wet myself then later Kyle falling in and Martins pole going for another swim (i caught it before it was too late this time...... all in one day

if your not fishing your not living

scouse

'River Man'
hi lads
if i told you what i saw on the dane[:I]
dave would ban me honest
if we meet at a fishin
i will tell you lol[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

G

[^] Ireland three years ago.

We were fishing this lough, over the fields full of cows, BIG PATS,you know, erm cow poo [:I][:I].

Anyway after the session, we were all packed up and ready to go, Bobby, wher the hells Bobby.

Help i cannot get off here,
What the hells wrong with you man, ???.

We went towards his peg, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh chit ithought,whats gone on here,

All i could see was Bob's wader in about three foot of mud,cow poo, [xx(][V][V],and a rather huge irish cow blocking Bob's exit,

It will not move he said,well chase it we said,try again we said,

SHOOOOO, SHOOOOOO, SHOOOOOOO, said Bob.
Ya daft burger i said, say it in a Irish accent, the thing cannot understand you, at that point Bob had a go in an Irish accent, that was it laughter abound, the cow looked at us as though to say, ugger off i'm not moving.

I would say about an 1/2 hour late,off come Bob, wader still stuck in the slurry, up to his waist in cow poo,[xx(][xx(] for the treck up the hill, stinking to the high heavens,wader full of [xx(]hold all, carry all full as well.

What a night he had had,the krap took out of him constant[:D][:D][:D].

It was the only time i did not take my camera with me on that day, what a picture that would have been [^]

catch me if u can
Andy,

Last edited:

carpbob3

oh go on scouse let the cat out of the bag .....

if your not fishing your not living

scouse

'River Man'
hi carpbob
sorry no kids read this forum[:D]
but i will tell you this she went
scarlet[:I] and the tree is named after it LOL

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

carper2002

'Ronnie'
you going to woodlands then scouse if so you can tell us there lol

RONNIE (carper2002)

Lid

Well I don't know if this counts, but here goes anyway.

Back in 1976 my Granddad and Uncle put some sheep on a rented meadow next to the Thames near Kings Lock in Oxford. This was about 20 miles from their own farm. One day I went to check out some nearby swims for fishing as there was a drought that year which I'm sure one or two of us will remember. As I got near the meadow, I saw the lock keeper and another chap chasing a sheep round and round the island formed by the lock and cuttings.

Unfortunately they didn't have any idea how to catch a single sheep. They had made a lasso and were tearing after it trying catch it with the rope. It was very amusing watching their antics, but then I realised it was our sheep.

I quickly went over, told them who I was and showed them how to catch it. They then promptly put the sheep in a rowing boat and rowed it bleating across the river back to the meadow and the rest of the flock.

Lid [:)]

norm

the funniest thing i have seen is either

teepees top lip on sunday (a little Caterpillar)

or mookies new army pajama thermal suit

crusty

Hi[:)]
We were on holiday in Devon one summer, my dad my brother and me, it was screaming hot of course, and we were using beachcasting tackle to catch mackeral and wrasse off the inside of Brixham breakwater.
My brother Pete, cast out to the crys of "watch that boat!"
Too late! The float tackle landed perfectly on the back seat of a passing speedboat.
He flipped the bail arm and pulled, but the hook set in and the clutch screamed out, and out, and out, with him, about ten years old, clinging on shouting stop stop stoop stoooooop stooooooooooop!
He was dragged a good way down the breakwater, and the reel emptyed to the final knot yanking him down on his face.
oh how we laughed.

But we now know it takes a passing speedboat twenty seconds to travel two hundred and sixty five yards. At the cost to the angler of a weeks pocket money in new line.[:D]

crusty

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
hm two things spring to mind

1) i took Dian to baden hall fishing (before they stocked barbel in their pools) as we drove up the main road to the club house there was a fella chucking a lead out with all his might trying to hook into his brolly as it skated 9or is that ski'd) across the surface of the main pool, Dian sticks here head out the window & shouts "OI!! why don't you wait at the other side till it gets blown over there??".

The fella went very red & shots back "oh f... i never thought of that", drops his rod & runs round to the other bank.

2) At one of stoneys do's down at Yateley i watched as "cuzzin" scoobs bivvy/tent blew down the bank cos he'd took all the gear out of it & it wasn't pegged down.

I ran round to it stood it back up the right way & filled it with a load of stuff, walked back to my peg pi...ng myself with laughter.

talking of yateley there was also another fella called kev Snow, we'd been having a laugh all weekend & he was a cracking fella, up for anything he was, till scoobs n me started playing silly buggas during the night by casting over his lines from the other bank & setting his bite alarms off, Kev would come screaming out of his bivvy like a deamon with brimstone up his a..., only to find scoobs n me rolling on the floor screaming with laughter [:D]

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

carper2002

'Ronnie'
Nice one fella's i could wright a book with these funny story's keep them coming
cheers

RONNIE (carper2002) a smoggy and proud

Apache

Another one was when I was fly-fishing near Horsham/Crawley where the owner of the lake kepyt a few sheep around it. One bloke managed to ctach his leader on one of them on the back cast. Well as you can imagine a fly rod is not really designed for casting out 80lb of sheep, and it snapped as he cats forwards! The sheep then took off across the field and ripped about 2/3 of his fly line off the reel and tangled iut before we managed to catch the b****r![:D][:D][:D]

Tight Lines
Matt

http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
the funniest thing i had ever seen..........
i was fishing at cefyn mably lakes in cardiff last summer 2002
i was the first there in the morning so i got to the peg which i always use. later in the day it started to get busy. any way i was fishing the horse shoe lake.any way a lot of chinese ppl turned up (so here isaid to myself here we go) 2 fished on the next peg to me .they were using these poles which i had never seen before there floats were the size of a fire work (big things)
they had set up a big tent down in the bottom corner.they were allspread around the 2 lakes some on the carp lake and some on the horse shoe. anyway at about 4:30pm they all went to the tent except they liitle family which was wife /husband/2kids aged about 3-5 yrs old. well they all lsft these poles in the water.woooooooops there goes 1 of these poles in the drink darting across the water. it didnt even sink i was surpised.(wetting myself with laughter)any how after about 10 mins the little family. the husband went to rescue the pole that was in the water. after he did a few cast to rescue this pole he manged to bring it to arms reach. dont went his rod grabbed the pole.(remember the 2 kids are with mum up the top of the carp lake)
he also landed the fish. mum came runnig down to see the fish(whooooooops kids alone)which was a carp.they were on there way back to the kids.as this happend the kids fell in to the carp lake
so mum/dad went for a diving lesson to save the kids. awwwww i felt sry for the kids. (i was wetting myself with laughter) good job it was a hot summers day.

poleroller2003
chris the name fish the game

TINY

Tiny
I have gone fishing with a mate who shall remain nameless and he got caught short.
So dropping his one piece suit ,takes his leave and goes behind a bush,after much pushing and grunting he came from behind the hedge with a large smile on his face.Job done!!
This in itself is not funny,but when it started to rain.....up came the hood and a long tail of loo roll was hanging over his eyes.
So theres me in hysterics while he has got a head with a rather large mysterious growth on it and not smelling to nice.

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.