in one place? It would also stop people like this:

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/2649

In case its been moderated it goes:
"wee dam cuckoo,i luvs a w**********************************k"

A worthwhile contribution, I'm sure you'll agree. [xx(]

Failing that how about a facility for "Life Members" to flag a
message for moderation so that they are hidden or maybe highlighted
to the mods?

Heh, I'll triple your worlkload if its the last thing I do Dave!
[:D]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MALC

Was just about to suggest the same sort of thing Trevski but you beat me to it[:D][:D]

There were some good members on another (but now defunct site) but also 1 or 2 idiots [}:)][}:)] and now they will be looking for a new resting place.

But i'm sure that Dave and the Mods have the tools to sort it.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
well i have already passed the 10 post mark!!!!

i dont think this is the first choice forum from TSF, they are advising users to go to another forum site so dont panic Mr Mannering!!!!

MALC

Tony,

As i said there were some decent people of the site [;)][;)] and as most people posting on the coarse forum were match anglers most have visited here and then disappear as although alot of match anglers post on here (myself included although not very good) they don't seam to post for long although they probably lurk in the background.

But as you've now signed up for The 2003 Summer Series you'll be staying if only to see your picture in the reports [;)] when we start.

Quite a few regulars on here also used to post on the other site but on here every one is more laid back and friendly.

Enjoy your stay and see you in May.[:D]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Hey i didnt know the 'jinx' called himself a match angler, i thought comedian was more fitting from the reports i have seen for last year! from what i have seen this is a very good forum and i am very pleased with what i have seen, i am very pleased that the match series (not bag up!) this year has increased from the 13 you started with last year! that obviously means you are getting a better and better forum and i for one will not rock the boat but please if you bring a camera to the series make sure its a old one cos i have a tendancy to break the lense if i smile! cant wait for the mishaps to happen in 2003!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No problem Trevski,

The post has been deleted by Stu earlier.

There are many provisions in place to deal with trouble makers, from the subtle provisions to the outright nasty if you know what I mean, and being in IT you will [}:)][;)]

I can fully moderate new posts and posters if required but that may be a bit harsh on the genuine ones as gingert76 would agree but I like the idea of flagging posts for moderators and will knock something up.

In the meantime if there is an issue just give us a call: moderators@maggotdrowning.com [:)]

Dave

Trevski

Cheers Dave, just throwing in my tuppence worth mate. [:D]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.