Fuerteventura Pt1

Status
Not open for further replies.

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
Hello all

I am back from sunny fuerteventura in the canary islands and i had a great time while it has been raining here i have been soaking up the rays at the bar and by the pool (but mostly by the bar [:p]).

While i was there i fancied a bit of fishing so i went to a local fishing tackle shop which stocked a large variety of fishing items for tourists and for people that know what they are doing plus they did deep sea fishing i never got a chance to do this as i was busy doing trips with the family.[:(]

I ended up with a medium telescopic rod with a small fixed spool reel loaded with 12pound mono when i bought it the owners set the rod up with a float made out of cork a size 8 hook and gave me bait in the form of baby squid i decided to buy a couple of bombs and some size twelve hooks as i wasnt sure about the end tackle the shop had supplied me with.

I decided that i would go fishing past the beach on the rocks where there was supposed to be a wide variety of different fish to catch first cast with a bomb and my rod tip started to jump around like a demon i reeled in and no bait was on my hook this happened the next couple of cast when the rod wrenched over and i was into my first fish this little beauty.

Datafile11.jpg

If anyone can identify it it would be great.

I ended up with around five of these little fish when the tide decided it wanted to come in and i figured it was best to go back to the hotel.

will post part two up later.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Hey mate, nice report.

My mate caught loads of snapper near a boat yard in fuertaventura, or near a pier i cant remembr, some upto about 5lbs too :)

phil-k

Looks like a small variety of Wrasse to me.They have gums and tiny teeth.
I have caught them near rocks in greece and turkey.

I have fished off Lanzarote and caught plenty golden grey mullet and sea bass on bread about 18inches deep under a float.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Went to Fuerteventura a couple of years ago, Caleta De Fuste, and while swimming in the sea was surrounded by shoals of 6oz fish, and up near the boats there were some huge fish that fed on whatever you threw to them.

Alan lever

Great little report mate, I too have just come back from sunny fuerteventura, las sunday morning, unfortunately I never got chance to fish although I did see plenty of fish.

Was it caleta you went?
Next time I go i will definately be doing some fishing, there is alsorts of fish to be caught of the rocks if you are brave enough(and the weather is ok).

The fish you show in your picture, i saw quite a few washed up in rock pools, not sure what they are but they looked nice.

Jen

Made in Yorkshire
I think phil-k has got it, could it this - called an ornate wrasse or a peacock fish [?]
Datafile11.asp

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
went to caleta de fuste just off the man made beach very nice place.

jen that looks like the fish i caught thank you.

them 6oz fish were mullet but will tell you more in part 2 [}:)][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.