FUEL CHAOS .

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
Maybe on balance we should change the trend title from "FUEL CHAOS" to "In some places following some idiotic protesters wasting the public and police time some motorists have had to queue a little bit for fuel". I agree its not as alarming or catchy but after all we are not the BBC

Whisker

Proud Maggotdrowner
Site Supporter
Maybe on balance we should change the trend title from "FUEL CHAOS" to "In some places following some idiotic protesters wasting the public and police time some motorists have had to queue a little bit for fuel". I agree its not as alarming or catchy but after all we are not the BBC
Amen to that.

We don’t need posts with the words “FUEL” and “CHAOS” in the title in case the fluffing idiots from last year start panicking again. Let’s keep any ‘minor queuing for fuel’ UNDER the radar.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The only issues seem to be man/woman made ones - no issues that I know of in God's county

PJ Rothwell

Around Oxford ,supermarket petrol stations and the franchise ones such as Shell ,BP, are either low on fuel or have none while waiting for a delivery.
One place was told to close by the police due to the queues along the road ,
There are queues at the supermarket petrol stations before they open because someone had seen a delivery when they were shut for the evening.
I had a long weekend at Warrington, no problems at all filling my Zafira,
Got back last night ,and saw pumps locked off at places and forecourts closed .
I refiled this morning at Tesco , over £40 went in, the car in front of me put £15 in and he had to squeeze the nozzle because it was clicking off saying car was full. Tescos ran out of diesel while I was there.
I was out in the Honda going to a friend's and on the off chance I dropped into the services near J8a for M40,
The BP garage had both petrol and diesel, so I decided to fill the Honda due to my partner travelling to Redditch a couple of days this week with her work.
Put over £30 of diesel in, it was £1.91 a litre. The car in front put £13 in, not even 2 gallon.
I would say its people like this who are causing the problems at the pump ,panic buying,
One garage has put a £25 minimum spend on fuel to try and stop the teacup fillers .
Also the halfwit eco warriors at the fuel distribution depots are not helping either, the police should arrest the lot instead of sat there talking to them .
Oh gosh, I wish I had the time in my life to watch what others are doing at a fuel station, you must be retired or have very few real issues to worry about ;)

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Oh gosh, I wish I had the time in my life to watch what others are doing at a fuel station, you must be retired or have very few real issues to worry about ;)
Yep am retired ,
There is a community app called Next , covers where you live , it gives local info out or discussed various topics,
It covers most of the UK,
I am on the one for Oxford , that's how I find out about fuel.

JLK

How did you know someone had put 15 quid in their tank in front of you and that it was enough to fill their tank up?
Maybe they could only afford 15 at the time and the click click was them being overly careful so as not to go over.
And to top it off I can't even see my own screen half the time let alone someone elses on another pump in front.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
How did you know someone had put 15 quid in their tank in front of you and that it was enough to fill their tank up?
Maybe they could only afford 15 at the time and the click click was them being overly careful so as not to go over.
And to top it off I can't even see my own screen half the time let alone someone elses on another pump in front.
To answer your question .
The price was still showing on the pump in front when I walked past , the time taken from putting nozzle in the car to clicking off was seconds, I think a pump stops and clicks when the tank is more or less full.

PAB

Site Supporter
Still no kin diesel here in sunny Suffolk day 13 doing my head in can't go anywhere fishing using all my fuel looking for some.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Still no kin diesel here in sunny Suffolk day 13 doing my head in can't go anywhere fishing using all my fuel looking for some.
Kill two birds with one stone .
Take your fishing tackle with you next time you go looking for diesel .👍
Have you tried phoning the actual service stations / supermarket forecourts ?

PAB

Site Supporter
Kill two birds with one stone .
Take your fishing tackle with you next time you go looking for diesel .👍
Have you tried phoning the actual service stations / supermarket forecourts ?
Yes i have phoned a couple of them and neither of them spoke English.