FUEL CHAOS .

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Around Oxford ,supermarket petrol stations and the franchise ones such as Shell ,BP, are either low on fuel or have none while waiting for a delivery.
One place was told to close by the police due to the queues along the road ,
There are queues at the supermarket petrol stations before they open because someone had seen a delivery when they were shut for the evening.
I had a long weekend at Warrington, no problems at all filling my Zafira,
Got back last night ,and saw pumps locked off at places and forecourts closed .
I refiled this morning at Tesco , over £40 went in, the car in front of me put £15 in and he had to squeeze the nozzle because it was clicking off saying car was full. Tescos ran out of diesel while I was there.
I was out in the Honda going to a friend's and on the off chance I dropped into the services near J8a for M40,
The BP garage had both petrol and diesel, so I decided to fill the Honda due to my partner travelling to Redditch a couple of days this week with her work.
Put over £30 of diesel in, it was £1.91 a litre. The car in front put £13 in, not even 2 gallon.
I would say its people like this who are causing the problems at the pump ,panic buying,
One garage has put a £25 minimum spend on fuel to try and stop the teacup fillers .
Also the halfwit eco warriors at the fuel distribution depots are not helping either, the police should arrest the lot instead of sat there talking to them .

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
It must be a regional thing. I've filled up this morning, plenty of fuel available and no unusual queues.

I think the previous issue is in some people's minds, but this time round there really is no need to panic buy.

Total

Site Supporter
......... The car in front put £13 in, not even 2 gallon.
I would say its people like this who are causing the problems at the pump ,panic buying,
One garage has put a £25 minimum spend on fuel to try and stop the teacup fillers .
Also the halfwit eco warriors at the fuel distribution depots are not helping either, the police should arrest the lot instead of sat there talking to them .
Who's to say said person only had £13 on them?:unsure::whistle:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
There is a big problem with fuel shortages especially in the South because the climate protesters have been breaking into and blockading refineries stopping tankers getting out.

It‘s set to get worse because they are planning even more blockades this week and into the weekend.

Along my local stretch of the A20 yesterday out of 7 garages only 1 had diesel and 3 had no fuel at all.

Robwooly

Some round here have got queues some haven't. I think this is a scenario that's going to pan out quite often over the next few years whilst there is instability in the market and the gov has got this crazy net zero scheme to get more money from the mug motorists

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Just been on the retail park, to see about getting a knee support,
The queue for the garage is down the road from near the click and collect part.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I am pleased I changed from Diesel to petrol, local Tesco has only 3 out of 9 pumps open for diesel, petrol is still £160.9, diesel £172.9

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Seems to be plenty of petrol available people are just panic buying it again so it’s running out before the end of each day but is ok to get if you don’t leave it too late. Diesel on the other hand does seem to be in very short supply thanks largely to our wokey cokey friends.

PAB

Site Supporter
have not had any for the last 10 days some taxi firms have closed. Suffolk

Last edited:

Simon R

Site Supporter
No shortages that I'm aware of around here - filled up @ Tesco on Saturday - 170.9/l diesel
Local Morrisons is 174.7 - no queues 'cos everyone is going elsewhere :p

Simon

RMNDIL

Site Supporter
Diesel in Abingdon & Didcot without queues. Although...............a week ago Sainsbury's had run out and had signs up to say so. BP along the road was OK.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Our two local stations - Shell and Tesco - had no diseasal at 14.00 when I filled the Saab with proper fuel.

Tristar

Roundup the protestors blockading refineries and glueing themselves to the tarmac and recycle them into bio fuel.
I presume these people walked to their protests?

They do make me chuckle, bless them. Protesting about using oil etc whilst sat in their hi-viz vests and clothes made with plastic and nylon etc.....

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
have not had any for the last 10 days some taxi firms have closed. Suffolk
Places in Suffolk started running out last week.
Local BBC radio started the stampede.
Any diesel deliveries have been prioritised to lorry depots in Felixstowe to ensure distribution of goods continues.

PAB

Site Supporter
Places in Suffolk started running out last week.
Local BBC radio started the stampede.
Any diesel deliveries have been prioritised to lorry depots in Felixstowe to ensure distribution of goods continues.
it is day 11 of no diesel today and i am getting peed of i cannot go fishing until i get some now.