Frustration reaching a peak !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Myself, I think of myself as a relatively organised man

normally knowing what matches Ive got booked on whatever days coming

though, this coming sunday is turning into a bloody mare !!!!

My club has another interclub fixture booked on the lake at Aldington being hosted by Maidstone victory AS

well, I enquired a few weeks back about booking on this gig and was informed by the match secretary, that I was on the list provisionally

the reason it was provisional was as thus, we can only take a max of 15 anglers to the venue as there will only be 30 pegs put in for the whole lake, so 15 a side

fair enough,

and the anglers picked from our club, will be those who are the match regulars, that is those who have fished the most club organised matches this year will get first dibs on any team spots available

fair enough

checking my attendances for this year, Im down in the bottom half of that list, the reason that is so, is that rather than counting this club seasons matches, which start from the first day of the new angling year, end of the close season, which is when we pay our membership from, they are counting from the begimnning of the calender year instead

fair enough (if slightly controversial and up for arguement as to when the club year starts)

so, after checking on the last 3 matches I attended, first I was told I wont make the list, then I should make the list, then they were not sure,

so I thought far-kit, and booked on with the trotters at bax farm instead after being invited by spock the organisor, looked to be a decent day out with old mates who I really should go out with more

then on sundays match I get asked about this interclub and why aint I coming, so relating the above story I told the match sec that I was now booked elsewhere

fair enough,

but then yesterday morning hes on the phone stating if I wish to fish it, I should get on, well I said Ive booked on with the trotters now, while we were speaking there was that little buzz noise that denotes Ive got a text to read after I hang up,

this I did, only to read that the trotters match at bax is now cancelled FFS ! but there is a gig at orchard farm instead on the saturday if I fancied that, well being as I hate orchard I politely declined and then rang the club match sec back and told him I would have the offered spot on the interclub if it was still available and the reason why

booked on,

only now to get another call, that those who are higher on the attendance list than me have now rung in and booked thier place so I might not get on now,

Jesus wept, so Im now awaiting on 5pm ish tonight when the list closes to see wether Ive got a match at all on sunday !

I wouldnt mind, but the venue is different to how i normally fish, requiring me to get out some medium distance feeder rods-reels (the 12 ft normarks-shimmy 4000's) and order maggot caster etc switch the type of feeder in the box to cages of various sixes and go through the gb stocks looking for certain types

and the frustration of being unorganised is kicking in, I bloody hate it !

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
No matter how well organised a person is, there's always one that comes in and dis-organises things. Personally, I would have told them to stuff it and booked elsewhere on another match that would more than welcome me (and my hard earned).

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm a firm believer in not leaving my fate in the hands of others

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
There's a two day festival up at the reservoirs l've been fishing recently. Quite fancied it so got in touch with the organisers but it was full and l'm on the reserve list. Oh well, considering l've only fished the two matches l thought my chances were nil. Well thats what l thought, got told on monday l'm on it..... PANIC!!! Order bait, re-string short line rods, sod it! re-string long line rod, sod it! sod it! re-string distance rod........... change distance rod to medium distance rod, take off 12lb leader put 10lb on....... sort out feeders, sort out hooks..... where's the tradesman ffs, fishmeal didn't work what about cereal based what about but fishmeal worked on the other ressie.............. where is that tradesman.......... ? Des Schipp, Hadrian Whittle, a host of other big names all scouring the net for latest match weights on the ressies etc and theres a Youtube video of me hooking casting my other rod in? Cant wait

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Myself, I think of myself as a relatively organised man

normally knowing what matches Ive got booked on whatever days coming

though, this coming sunday is turning into a bloody mare !!!!

My club has another interclub fixture booked on the lake at Aldington being hosted by Maidstone victory AS

well, I enquired a few weeks back about booking on this gig and was informed by the match secretary, that I was on the list provisionally

the reason it was provisional was as thus, we can only take a max of 15 anglers to the venue as there will only be 30 pegs put in for the whole lake, so 15 a side

fair enough,

and the anglers picked from our club, will be those who are the match regulars, that is those who have fished the most club organised matches this year will get first dibs on any team spots available

fair enough

checking my attendances for this year, Im down in the bottom half of that list, the reason that is so, is that rather than counting this club seasons matches, which start from the first day of the new angling year, end of the close season, which is when we pay our membership from, they are counting from the begimnning of the calender year instead

fair enough (if slightly controversial and up for arguement as to when the club year starts)

so, after checking on the last 3 matches I attended, first I was told I wont make the list, then I should make the list, then they were not sure,

so I thought far-kit, and booked on with the trotters at bax farm instead after being invited by spock the organisor, looked to be a decent day out with old mates who I really should go out with more

then on sundays match I get asked about this interclub and why aint I coming, so relating the above story I told the match sec that I was now booked elsewhere

fair enough,

but then yesterday morning hes on the phone stating if I wish to fish it, I should get on, well I said Ive booked on with the trotters now, while we were speaking there was that little buzz noise that denotes Ive got a text to read after I hang up,

this I did, only to read that the trotters match at bax is now cancelled FFS ! but there is a gig at orchard farm instead on the saturday if I fancied that, well being as I hate orchard I politely declined and then rang the club match sec back and told him I would have the offered spot on the interclub if it was still available and the reason why

booked on,

only now to get another call, that those who are higher on the attendance list than me have now rung in and booked thier place so I might not get on now,

Jesus wept, so Im now awaiting on 5pm ish tonight when the list closes to see wether Ive got a match at all on sunday !

I wouldnt mind, but the venue is different to how i normally fish, requiring me to get out some medium distance feeder rods-reels (the 12 ft normarks-shimmy 4000's) and order maggot caster etc switch the type of feeder in the box to cages of various sixes and go through the gb stocks looking for certain types

and the frustration of being unorganised is kicking in, I bloody hate it !
You'll sort it mate?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
cheers william,

did you get booked on the kent champs ?

apparently we can practice on the venue from 1st sept up till 10th sept

(and theres another interclub gig between Rye AS and CPAS on the new bridge section of the rother on the sunday before the KC, I'll get on that because A its a river, B it 30 miles away)