frozen lakes cant go

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Warms you up, breaking the ice before a Winter session. I see no reason to call a day's fishing off just because of a bit of ice. Had some great days through the ice.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Better not be cold for ages like it was last year. Was into May before we got any remotely seasonally appropriate weather.

davylad

Site Supporter
I had to break the ice yesterday, and ended up with 9 nice fish, only one carp thankfully. If I'd realised it was that cold, I might not have bothered and missed out on some lovely fresh air. (y)

IanG1

Site Supporter
Club winter league match tomorrow, fished the venue on Wednesday and broke the ice and had a decent day catching roach, skimmers and odd stockie carp clicked 72 fish. Pinkie over a small nugget of groundbait or 2mm expander over a few micros bought bites most of the day. Hopefully all the colour hasn't dropped out the place in the past few days but breaking kit packed in the car just in case it has a lid on but warmer night around here tonight so we will see. Love winter fishing and makes you think things through more and rewarding if you get it right.

Browner

Site Supporter
Some hardy souls fishing a silvers match at a local fishery today (not me)...

271858331_3297269577063924_3657165570495955945_n.jpg
Each to their own, but for me this is not the kind of fishing that floats my boat. Everyone sat in a row on a featureless hole in the ground. Give me a river any day.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Brailsford Mick, Birch House Lakes. Ye, frozen over, not surprising really after overnight frosts pretty much all week.

I’ve been quite lucky over the years as when we have had to cancel on a lake / pond we’ve been able to move the match onto a river. Even if it’s only ended up a knockup as there’s always a few anglers drop out. So Whisker mate, what’s it gonna be ………. pleasure fishing, hook & rig tying or taking the missus out for the day ? 🤣🤣👍

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Both our club lakes were frozen over, but it didn't stop the match today. Holes were punched through it and the match went ahead. True Yorkshire grit.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
I was out early doors on my local river and it was baltic, minus 2 and freezing fog, my braid was frozen to the rings and spool and my fox swingers didnt as they froze too

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Better not be cold for ages like it was last year. Was into May before we got any remotely seasonally appropriate weather.
I'll echo that. June was when I went to Chard last year, just in time for the first spell of nice weather to warm the water. When I tried fishing for Tench in May last year it was still too cold.

Whisker

Site Supporter
So Whisker mate, what’s it gonna be ………. pleasure fishing, hook & rig tying or taking the missus out for the day ? 🤣🤣👍
I’ve been away all week and dread the Mrs saying “let’s go out for the day” on a weekend 😂
Hook tying I’m saving for evenings stuck in hotels. I’ve got some paperwork to catch up on tomorrow (not quite as exciting as catching fish) but opportunity in the week to get out on the bank 😬

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
thought the same thing bud ,let them have the rivers you never know what you will catch from fishing them
  • Stomach upsets.
  • Skin infections.
  • Ear infections. ...
  • Eye infections. ...
  • Sore throat. ...
  • Chest infections. ...
  • Hepatitis. ...
  • E Coli.
and the odd fish

You missed off … condoms and sanitary towels. 🤮🤣🤣