frozen lakes cant go

MrBen

Site Supporter
There’s nothing worse in hoping to get some fishing in, and every where has its lid on. It’s open season so rivers should be good.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Both lakes here frozen over too. Supposed to be a match on today, doubt that will happen. However, there is a member with a lump hammer head on a rope giving the ice a bashing.

Shadrack

Site Supporter
Got up early to get out this morning and chickened out when I felt the cold and saw the frost whilst emptying the bin. Cup of tea and some hook tying instead I reckon.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
It’s ok on snake lakes, you can ice break , not much good on open water lakes if you’ve got to cast though 🥶🥶💁‍♂️

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Must have had about 7 consecutive hard frosts now so even if I didn’t have other plans this weekend I wouldn’t be fishing especially with the rivers still up. Doesn’t look much warmer next weekend either but at least the rivers should be ok by then so might have a chub or bust session as will desperate to get on the bank by then. Flipping winter spends at least 3/4 of the time freezing or soaking!

alsur

Site Supporter
I've reached the stage where I only go now when is not to cold and I have a good chance of catching, but when I was younger I always found somewhere to fish, Rivers if lakes were frozen you can normally find somewhere to fish on Rivers, lock cuts , area below lock cuts or anywhere there was slower flowing water. A popular place back in 70s was below lock gate on Teddington lock, thinking back it was probably quite risky but it was always busy.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It is either warm and rainy or cold and sunny at this time of year it seems. 🥶:Cold I feel the pain of all those who can't go fishing as they'd like. Last year it was June before I was truly content to go with the venues I fish.

tincatim

Site Supporter
Not sure if the lakes are frozen round here but it wouldn’t surprise me given this morning’s frost is still going strong. I’ve got the chance to fish tomorrow and was struggling to decide where to go and what to fish for. Sounds like the rivers will be my best bet. Just have to decide which river and what I’m fishing for 🤔

OldTaff

Site Supporter
The lakes and ponds around me aren’t freezing yet other than the very edges of the margins but plenty of river fishing available to those hardy enough to sally forth

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Not heard anything from my mate Nicky Dodds so I’m assuming the Aire & Calder canal where he’s on a match isn’t frozen over. The Aire & Calder does have a bit of movement so, it may not have a lid on it. Good luck buddy. 👍