Friday night time machine

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Right guys step inside wise owls Time Machine and go back to take a look at a week of your choice.

My choice would be going back to Armistice day and the end of the war, cant imagine the relief of that happening.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I would have to say the end of the 1st world war. To see the relief on the faces of families as they realise their loved ones made it back from what must have been a living hell.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Torn here between being at the the battle of Agincourt I still can't fathom the bravery of the English/Welsh/Scots Knights & Men at Arms outnumbered 3 to 1 and most suffering from dysentery and still stood their ground as the French knights charged on horseback.

The other would be with Howard Carter when he finally broke through into Tutankhamen's burial chamber. To be one of the first people to view artefacts that have not been seen for some three thousand, two hundred odd years, must have been amazing.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I stood in awe and wonder at the Pyramids and have watched documentaries about how they were built, ive stood on the roman road in Pompeii and couldnt imagine what it would have been like when Vesuvius went off, in the Colosseum in rome stood where Caesar gave the Thumbs up many places where i though wish i could go back to see what it was like in them days but i bet none would match the end of the war and like Pete said Greeting the ones who made it back.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Torn here between being at the the battle of Agincourt I still can't fathom the bravery of the English/Welsh/Scots Knights & Men at Arms outnumbered 3 to 1 and most suffering from dysentery and still stood their ground as the French knights charged on horseback.

The other would be with Howard Carter when he finally broke through into Tutankhamen's burial chamber. To be one of the first people to view artefacts that have not been seen for some three thousand, two hundred odd years, must have been amazing.

Ive been in the Tomb mate and seen his treasures and can tell you i was numb.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Same WO Valley of the Kings and Temple at Thebes really awe inspiring and I don;t use the word lightly. (y)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Ramses III tomb Is the most awe inspiring place ive been in as well as his Temple in Abu Simbel.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
History never interested me when I was at school but I think as you get older it takes on a meaning,we have friends who live in Godmanchester where the Romans built a fort,their garden ends in the old Roman wall and it's a wierd feeling to stand there and think that you are standing where Roman soldiers patrolled the wall around 60 -100 AD

Scribe

Site Supporter
Ramses III tomb Is the most awe inspiring place ive been in as well as his Temple in Abu Simbel.

agree with you there WO I haven't been to Abu Simbel, but it's on the list. (y)

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I’d just be happy to go back to 1966 so I could put an end to the “did it go over the line or not” question. It’s does my head every 4yr when bring it up. FFS does it matter.
If wise ones time machine couldn’t manage 1966 then I go and check if man really did land on the moon.

Scribe

Site Supporter
I’d just be happy to go back to 1966 so I could put an end to the “did it go over the line or not” question. It’s does my head every 4yr when bring it up. FFS does it matter.
If wise ones time machine couldn’t manage 1966 then I go and check if man really did land on the moon.

Mate you don't want to go to the moon ............there's no atmosphere.... I'll get my hat,coat,scarf & gloves, :D

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
ive stood on the roman road in Pompeii and couldnt imagine what it would have been like when Vesuvius went off,
Been there myself, really is spooky. We went up Vesuvius aswell. You could see the dried lava

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I would not want to go back to 1966, suppose it was not a goal?

I would like to be eighteen again, might have been awkward and spotty but I certainly had some fun.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I don`t think it was a goal anyway, the ruskies were still sore at the Germans but suppose the linesman had been welsh? Our name on the
trophy though:)

Scribe

Site Supporter
It would be interesting to travel forwards in to the future a couple of hundred years, as long as I can take my Mad Max 2 car with me, just in case I need it

Scribe

Site Supporter
Just think though, everyone would have electric driverless cars, with the Mad Maxmobile the cops would never catch you .... :)