Friday night mixtape

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I made a thread on another music forum about tracks they used to play in Room 3 of this Techno club I used to go to in Birmingham called House of God.

I didn't expect anything from it and not many people contributed track suggestions, but I posted a a mix of tracks on YouTube, a fairly eclectic range that matched the style of music I remember them playing to the best of my memory. Anyway, I logged on today and another member has gone to the trouble of making a mixtape of his favourite tracks of the 40 or so I posted and I thought I'd share it here. This is my listening done for tonight anyway.

Tracklist:
  • Madoo - Give Me Your Love
  • Womack & Womack - MPB (Missin' Persons Bureau)(Frankie Knuckles Paradise Ballroom Mix)
  • The B-52's - Mesopotamia
  • Wet - That's The Game
  • Smith & Mighty - Time To Rhyme (feat. The General)
  • Dennis Coffey - Scorpio
  • Rare Earth - I Know I'm Losing You - (Stereo 45 Version)
  • Kwame - Only You
  • Seefeel - Spangle
  • SNOW - Runway
  • Family of Percussion - Here Comes The Family
  • Psychic TV - Interzone

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I don't really fit in anywhere with my 'taste' in music. I made the thread I'm talking about in the OP hoping people would recommend or refresh my memory of what was played in room 3 but no one did, but I was happy someone did a mix of the tracks I posted. It's a good job I don't claim to have taste. :LOL: The first Northern Soul track you posted would have fit with what they played.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter

That's the kind of music they mostly like on the music forum I post on. 😁 They call it part of the 'hardcore continuum' after music critic Simon Reynolds. I like my old school dance music and other stuff but never got into the aggressive rapping stuff so I'm a bit of a misfit on there too.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I read Techno Viking successfully sued the original poster and filmer of that video. :LOL: It's classic. This club was a legendary Techno club, but room 3, me not really remembering exactly what they played, was a chillout room where they just played random stuff.