Friday again - Is anyone off fishing at the weekend?

IanG1

Site Supporter
Bit more bread punch fishing for me on local cut tomorrow, hopefully them roach are still about.

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Doing overnight on the Thames tonight after the pike. Only had one last time but it was pissing it down the whole time and very high and fast. Hasn't rained much for a few days and only a little drizzle forecast so hopefully will have better luck this time

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I was going out Piking to-morrow until I realised that I've no traces or the wherewithal to make some.
So it'll be Roach/Chub/Dace on the river then.

JayD

My licence needed renewing on the 10th, not bothered yet. Started to go a bit 'stir crazy' so I think I'll renew it next week, there looks to be a spell of settled weather on it's way.

John.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Isolating for a medical procedure on Monday, swab today hope it's all clear, fishing Tuesday if I'm ok but defo Wednesday. Then it's work for a couple days then more hospital, the joy of living with long term medical conditions, when the doctors want to you to jump you say how high.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Just picked up my new pole, so I’ll be heading out first thing in the morning to have a bash at the club lake, got my maggots, worms, sweet corn and some pellets ready to go.

Sunday depends on how good a mood SWMBO is in.

weather forecast looks ok, if a little colder than recently.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Just picked up my new pole, so I’ll be heading out first thing in the morning to have a bash at the club lake, got my maggots, worms, sweet corn and some pellets ready to go.

Sunday depends on how good a mood SWMBO is in.

weather forecast looks ok, if a little colder than recently.
Did you get the MTX 1 in the end, Stew?

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
fished one of the club lakes for 12 little perch yesterday work friday to monday now if weather ok will try to fish tuesday

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Really struggle with pleasure fishing, but going with my mate on Monday, to a ...... river, will have to dust off the cobwebs from my spliced tip rods, stick floats and crowquills and river pole floats, what an adventure ?. It’s been a while since I fished running water.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Yes - I'm looking forward to doing something different, like fishing the canal. It'll make a nice change after a couple of years of commercials & then ponds.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Out tomorrow on my local lake for a much needed few hours and maybe a little Sunday session too with my son as the forecast is mild and he’s asked to go try the new pole after church - once I get some elastic after fishing :p

Nicky Dodds

Can't get motivated at the moment but wouldn't mind a session on the punch just to see if my pole repairs are any good.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not feeling particularly optimistic about Sunday now as perusing the clubs FB pages it’s basically just people saying most the river is going through like a train so they’re having to fish on the lock cuts. Looks a bit big fish or bust on the lock cuts which is not my area of expertise ?

Weather looks good though so should at least be nice to be out and who knows a couple dry days might see the river drop a bit yet ??