Friday again - Is anyone off fishing at the weekend?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is anyone planning to wet a line at the weekend or is it a case of no pleasure sat in the rain and cold :) ?

Looking at the weather forecast and my predicted water levels, I think my next 'Needs Must' will be next Tuesday

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Predicted dry in balmy east Northamptonshire so I may bite the bullet and try the river. Last river outing eight days ago ended after 90 minutes and two tiny roach. The pull of the adjacent snake lake was too much (21 skimmers/bream, 6 crucians, 4 roach and 3 carp in 5 hrs). Got my float rods out and blown the cobwebs off, bought some hemp and a few more maggots. Will try again and hopefully catch some fish.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Might give it a go somewhere on Sunday, it’s supposed to be dry over the weekend, although rain for most of today. So I don’t know if it will be river or commercial.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i am off to a brand new lake for me which is 3 mi;es from my house (moved here 6 weeks ago) and having a day fishing with my brother (he is picking me up as he lives a mile away and i am in his support bubble), fishing a lake for bream on the tip which i havnt done for 15+ years so cant wait and going to fish traditional on one rod and pellet feeder on the other rod and alternate to see what works there as they are muting a few silver matches may happen once allowed.

Thought i would put in the all the rules i am adhering too lol

rudd

Site Supporter
Will be out over weekend at some point, first weekend in ages with no rain or wind 😀

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Piking Saturday or Sunday. Or both if missus is in a good mood 😀

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
Got a 5 hour tutoring session at Danebridge tomorrow. Should be fun (not) if the weather forecast is correct.🌦️☔

baldpaul

Site Supporter
May have a few hours on the tidal Don on Sunday, depending on the colour and tide.

ae111sr

Site Supporter
no pleasure sat in the rain and cold :) ?

Looking at the weather forecast and my predicted water levels, I think my next 'Needs Must' will be next Tuesday
Exactly this - no fun at all sat in wet cold conditions - could be next Tuesday for me too.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Will be on the Thames somewhere on Sunday. Should think most of it will be high, brown and messy still but hopefully can find a reasonably fishable spot. Looks like the last weekend before the temperatures drop so got to give it a go!

Carp attack

Might venture to messingham islands lake on sunday an head for the 40's pegs where the big skimmers seem to hang around, have a few hours trying some stuff out,

nejohn

Site Supporter
I was thinking about a few hours on a club lake this afternoon, but it is currently cold, wet and miserable so will probably give it a miss and take a chance if the weather gets better over the weekend. I am lucky that my closest tackle shop is only a 10 minute walk away and he is open on a Sunday morning so I can get maggots and often casters as and when I need them so don't need to plan to far ahead

The Runner

Site Supporter
Still wet and windy up here as it has been for all but a couple of days this month so won't be out; ground really waterlogged in a lot of places so don't fancy floundering about in a swamp for a mile and a half only to find that the swell's running too high to fish safely on any of the pollack marks, and probably too much fresh water gone in for the sheltered spots towards the heads of the sea lochs here near town or at L Greshornish to be worthwhile

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Looking at Tuesday when there is a break in the weather. It'll be local undecided as to where yet but commercial gear to the ready station

smiffy

Site Supporter
All depends on tonight’s temperature. We had our first frost last night so another tonight will probably kill the weekend and knock all the colour out of the river. If I warms up then I may have a few hours after Chub. I know Chub are obliging in cold weather but they’re almost impossible to tempt out of their snags once the colour has dropped out. Fishing after dark is best and I don’t have the time for that at the moment.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Going on Sunday, to the Llangollen canal to see if the resident roach are in the mood for food.

markyboy

Out tomorrow on a commercial, can only fish at weekends and weather doesn't normally bother me too much (as Billy Connolly said, its not the wrong weather, just the wrong clothes). Being outside is as much as I need, catching is a bonus :)