Frenzee HGV Trolley

frankg

Site Supporter
Does anyone else think that the Frenzee HGV is heavy to push with the new 'very small' all terrain wheels. They're small and wide, so I would think they have a lot of contact friction. Going uphill you really have to lean into it to move it! :(

Are there any suitable replacement wheels with good bearings to fit their axle set-up?

DavC1h

Site Supporter
I have the newer version with the non-puncture wheels, is this the one you are talking about?

Mine needs minimum activity to push, all my fishing mates have commented on this. I am on the large side BTW. :)

It sounds as though yours may have an underlying issue.

frankg

Site Supporter
Yes, it's the new one with the small all terrain wheels. Once I'd pushed it over the hump-back bridge over the canal, I said to my mate 'here, push this and i'll push yours ( a Preston 4-wheel shuttle)...his was easier to push with about the same load.
Maybe I've been spoilt by the wheels on my Rigger Platform Barrow....touch those wheels and they keep turning for about 3 to 4 days :D

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Never had issues pushing mine, not saying it's easy. Pushed it around a reservoir at the weekend with a few twists, turns and hills with no problem, had to help the lads with Preston trolleys as they were falling over, mine was no problems. Had 2 rod holdalls, seatbox, carryall, bait bag and net bag.

frankg

Site Supporter
Never had issues pushing mine, not saying it's easy. Pushed it around a reservoir at the weekend with a few twists, turns and hills with no problem, had to help the lads with Preston trolleys as they were falling over, mine was no problems. Had 2 rod holdalls, seatbox, carryall, bait bag and net bag.

Hitman.....Don't get me wrong, it's as stable as very stable thing :) It doesn't tip over even when on a fairly steep side slope....that can't be said for a Preston Shuttle!! I had roughly the same load on as yours......Maybe I'm being a bit picky, I don't know. The humpback bridge was a typical compressed steep hump canal type, where I was almost horizontal and leaning into it when pushing it up the slope :D I think I got a few funny looks from the people in the canal-side beer garden :D
Your phrase...'not saying it's easy', says a lot and so it's probably requires a similar effort to yours.

I do think it could do with larger diameter wheels.That would help it travel better I think.

Peezartiste

I got mine just after they first came out and I have the original narrow wheels. I find they are quite easy to push, even in mud. As long as the mud doesn't come up past the axles lol.
When they came out I thought about getting the All Terrain wheels, but then thinking about the amount of contact with the ground, thought they might be harder to push.
I contacted Frenzee to ask if you can still get the original wheels if you get one damaged and you can.

frankg

Site Supporter
I got mine just after they first came out and I have the original narrow wheels. I find they are quite easy to push, even in mud. As long as the mud doesn't come up past the axles lol.
When they came out I thought about getting the All Terrain wheels, but then thinking about the amount of contact with the ground, thought they might be harder to push.
I contacted Frenzee to ask if you can still get the original wheels if you get one damaged and you can.

That's my thought Peezartiste......Wide and small....lots of contact....hence more friction

marcusp

Does anyone else think that the Frenzee HGV is heavy to push with the new 'very small' all terrain wheels. They're small and wide, so I would think they have a lot of contact friction. Going uphill you really have to lean into it to move it! :(

Are there any suitable replacement wheels with good bearings to fit their axle set-up?
No mine is fine and the new wheels are a vast improvement on the old ones that wernt up to the job. Had two break

frankg

Site Supporter
No mine is fine and the new wheels are a vast improvement on the old ones that wernt up to the job. Had two break

That's what I heard about the old wheels. Maybe I just expect perfection :D

I think it may be a case of horses for courses...use it where it's suitable and then my bomb-proof Rigger for everywhere else :)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@frankg Stay on the other side of the canal and fish from the pub beer garden. :)