Freezing expanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barberj84

Hi all

Just wondered if anyone has tried freezing expanders, I know they are quick and easy/cheap enough to do on the bank when you get there but wondered how they turn out if you do them a few days before you go colour/flavour them and freeze them?

Cheers

Thom

ive frozen them before and found them to fish ok. just make sure you let them defrost on their own and remove all the water before freezing or you might have problems with them breaking up.

westie1

Hi

I have a fridge in the garage that I keep bait in. I have kept expanders in the fridge for a week after a match and then used them the following week plesure fishing and I couldnt tell the difference. The fridge is at max and is very cold. I cant see a reason why freezing them would make any difference to them. I Hope this helps.

Barberj84

cheers guys much appreciated, even though they are easy and quick to do on the bank i'd rather preparethem firstsoall my bait is ready and i can concentrate on my tackle before the match

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've froze them and found they've gone too soft to use as hook-bait.

I tend to make my expanders very soft anyway though, so that's probably why. They're still OK as loosefeed though.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.