Freebies section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Locked topic??

I noticed the entire topic section for net freebies is locked - and nothing recent.

I have some goodies I thought about posting there but ?????

Newt Vail

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Newt ol buddy ol pal

Any freebies you've got & want to put up on the forums send to Dave so he can check them out & make sure its all legal n correct so it can't cause any problems for the site (plus he's a tight arse n doesn't wanna pay for stuff if he can help it).

Catch ya later redneck

Alan
You've just been moderated

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Newt and Anal (whoops keyboard dyslexia icon_smile_big.gif)..Alan,

I originally locked the Freebies forum to stop people from posting links to downloads that may not be all they appeared and could potentially cause the users problems. However, good point Newt, there's nothing recent added and there are still alot of good programs out there, so I have unlocked it and instead changed the config. to allow posts to be added.
All posts are fully moderated and will not show until they have been approved by us which should get around the original problem so happy posting icon_smile.gif

Regards, Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Email is on the way with an attached .mht file. Stuffed full of links and descriptions of "must have" programs. Lots are free.

I will leave it to you to figure out which are suitable to include on here. icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

BTW - .mht is a soup-to-nuts copy of a web page or, in this case, a 3 or 4 page thread from a Windows Help bbs. All us guru types just listed our picks of stuff we couldn't live without.

Newt Vail

Edited by - Newt on 05 March 2002 12:36:26 PM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Newt,

I've added a few of them plus an all time favourite of mine - SiSoft Sandra.

Warning - Don't use this facility unless you've a few hours to spare as it can give you an information overload about your PC icon_smile_big.gif

Freebies

Regards, Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Dave - I just downloaded and ran the Sisoft Sandra diagnostic. Wow. Great stuff.

Newt Vail

waxlion1

Red Leader, Red Leader! And Newt,

Ive just downloaded Fresh downloads but I use Flashget at the moment, which do you consider to be the better of the two and will I need to un-install the other.

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Waxi,

I couldn't say which is the better of the two as I haven't used FlashGet.
I suppose though it would be an idea once you have chosen which to use, to unistall the other just incase both programs decide they want to manage the same download which may cause a few problems icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Sorry waxlion - I use DAP myself.

Most of these things have a setting/switch to block them off from dealing with downloads. Were it me, I would disable one and try the other. I seriously doubt they would cause problems for each other unless you happened to have both active at the same time.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.