Freebies(carp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When fishing for carp in the spring/summer time,how many freebies should i bait up with(boilies)Aiming for the big carp (20/30lbs)maybe if i'm lucky a 40 pounder..

Point is i see people throwning in between 5/50 freebies..?

The bigger the better...

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi G

I have a good friend who i'll mail & ask him to give you some advice cos he's good like that

(if you're from yorkshire you have to use 500lb of groundbait to get a fish)

Alan
You've just been moderated

Carp Angler

The amount of bait needed will be dependent on a few factors.

The questions that you need to answer are.....

How big is the lake?
How many carp and of what average size?
How many 'nuisance' species (including waterfowl)?
What size and type of bait?
Are you prebaiting?
How long are you fishing for (e.g. day only, all weekend etc etc)?

Come back with some answers and we'll try and formulate a plan to help you catch some carp.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cheers Rik

I knew i could count on the one & only carp angler

ps Rik you shoulda seen the softie norven git who owns this site at my fish-in mate, put his bivvy up then saw it was gonna be cold n headed for the pub where he stayed all night B+B)

Alan

Carp Angler

Typical Northerners.

They claim how hard life up there is, no decent fishing, no decent jobs and generally how tough life is and how well they cope with it.

We know different.......

Bloody poofs the lot of 'em.

Specs on the lake..

Average size lake in my eyes.
Of what people have told me is 30/40doubles,10/15=20/30lbs,and a couple of big beauties..
Nuisance species i would say r bream/perch..
Bait i will be using r Boilies/tiger nuts..
Will not be prebaiting..
Fishing time is between 2/5 days all the way through..

The bigger the better...

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
Specs on the lake..

Nuisance species i would say r bream/perch..

The bigger the better...

Excuse me but when has a fish ever been a nuisance species. Will we have to cull these from "Carp" lakes.

I do realise it is disappointing that when fishing for tench a 9lb bream can snap up the bait, but to call it a nuisance.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Further to my last I seem to recall that the record bream was caught, by mistake, by a carp angler. it was that much of a nuisance he claimed the record. Personally because I wasn't fishing for it I wouldn't have bothered with it. And if you believe that!!!!

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Carp Angler

I put nuisance in quotes on my reply for the specific reason of anti carp idiots spouting off at the first opportunity.

Never mind, it's your loss.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Two points ,if your last post was directed to me personally.
I am not anti carp nor am I an idiot.
The point is I do not consider any fish a nuisance, and it pleases me to catch any species large or small.
I just do not fish specifically for carp, but I do manage to catch them.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Carp Angler

Seeing as the thread is about carp and carp alone, then that is what I was aiming the questions at, you jumping in and spoiling in with vitriolic comments about other species will not help solve the persons issues.

Oh well, back to the forums where carp threads aren't hijacked by blinkered neanderthals.

Trogg, sorry mate, it's just like Anglers Net......

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Right, time to take a 'Chill' Tablet people.

As this section of the forum says in the description:

Species Specific
Need advice on a particular species or maybe you have a tip to share.

What we have is the Original G asking a question, Trogg inviting a pal in to help out with advice followed by a slagging match.

The term 'Nuisance' is one that is loosely used within most fishing circles as a description for another species that is not aimed at but decides it wants the bait.
Zander when eel fishing, Jack Pike when after Perch, even Swans eating my 500lbs of groundbait that I threw into Yateley

Within all forums the posts can be read in various guises depending on the viewer; opinions and emotions have a lot to play when it comes to interpretations of the posts and I should know having dropped a few clangers in my time but everyone should take that into account before replying especially if they personally feel agreived by what they have read.

On occasions it helps to take a walk around the room before replying or if unsure don't, after all it's no way to treat a new member.

So speech over, let's all start again and keep the temperment of these forums as they were intended - a light hearted meeting place for ALL anglers to meet, ask advice and share info regardless of persuasion.

Regards to all, Dave

(ps If you saw the size of Stu, you wouldn't refer to him as a Bloody poof
)

Carp Angler

Original G,

How big is an average sized lake?
Quantity of bream and their size?
No other silver fish and no ducks?????????
All boilies are not the same, some can break down and be eaten by OTHER species, whilst others will stay whole and stay there until they eventually rot.
Give me some detail on the size and type of boilies you're thinking of, unless you're uncertain and require advice on that aswell, in which case I'll need to know depth, clarity, weed growth, bottom make-up and water PH aswell.

This may seem like a chore, but unless I know the water then I can't give you any decent advice.
Can you name the water?
You say that there may be 40's in there, if there are, then the chances are I know about the lake anyway.

Need more info!!!!!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
More like you've caught them Rik !!

Alan

Carp Angler

I see G is from Stoke on Trent, so the chances are if it's a local water then they're ficticious, as you would know being localish to you.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got a strange feeling that the water G is on about will be brown n mud more (or is that browning cudmore??) if it is G i wouldn't bother mate cos the place is a disgrace to angling THAT IS MY OWN OPINION & NOT THE OPINION OF THIS SITE

Oh BTW Rik

Us norven blokeys are a hell of a lot "arder" than you weak under fed skinny runts from darn souf

Alan

I must agree on that,browning cudmore is a disgrace,plus the carp in there only range up to 25/30lb if u r lucky.Good course fishing though(bits)
As for the waters i fish,does anybody know of Home Farm fisheries(alsager)if so thats the kind of pool i'm fishing at the momment..
All i can say its not a large pool/lake..
More specs on that private pool i'm fishing...

Bream range from bits to 4/5lb
Family of ducks..
Plenty of roach and perch..
boilies...nash Baits=16mm
Depth..range from 3ft,6ft
Plenty of bulrushes,and lilly pads

Reason why i said bream/perch r a Nuisance is when u r targeting Big Carp,then other fish play with your bait,if u know what i mean....

The bigger the better...

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is Cudmore that bad. I was arranging to go there for a weekend in March for a fishy meeting.
I had heard it was quite a good place to fish for all species, although I am aranging to get a specimen rod.
A market stall locally is selling Rhino rods 2.5 test curve for 45. (Is that a good price).

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
If its the pool i'm thinking of G its about 2 acres yes? (about the size of two football fields) & its known for being hard fishing.

The 40's well yeah i've heard of them but i've never met anyone who's actually caught one (come to think of it no one i know has met anyone who's caught one!!).

Rik
A bit out of your area mate but have you ever heard of it?

Alan

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
Is Cudmore that bad. I was arranging to go there for a weekend in March for a fishy meeting.
I had heard it was quite a good place to fish for all species, although I am aranging to get a specimen rod.
A market stall locally is selling Rhino rods 2.5 test curve for 45. (Is that a good price).

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Geoff believe me mate it won't be worth it.

One of the first things you see on arrival is the rotting frame tents on the banks then you see the mud lots & lots of mud.

Also if you are going mate its only fair to forewarn you DO NOT TAKE ANY BAIT WITH YOU you are only allowed to use the bait they sell on site.

As for the rods that sounds a pretty fair price mate but once again Rik (carp angler) or maybe even Dave himself would be the best ones to answer that question.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.