Hi Chub
Free trout flys may be difacult it usally is to get anything free
Id say keep an eye on the fly fishing mags sorry cant be more help
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

Dervaig

Chub,
I've spent the last 15 years fly-fishing and agree with Ian,
the only free flies I've had have been from the mags.
Once found 12 of which 8 were in v. good condition from a very steep grassy bank at Gyhll Head trout water.

Dervaig

darloflyman

[b]Hi Chub[/b],
What sort of [u]free Trout flys [/u]are you looking for, I know of a few sources like above on the Salmon and Trout mag and FlyFishing and Fly Tying mag.
But did you know there is nothing better than [i]making your own [/i]and then catching fish on them knowing that you aint paid a fortune for them.
An average lure costs about 3p to make and a Pheasant tail even less than that Drys are about 2p once you build up the materials.
A good basic Kit containing just about everything you needvice tools feathers materials ect costs about 30.00 from Pegasus in Yarm.
[img]https://www.maggotdrowning.com/myphoto/Datafile3.asp?FileID=286

Last edited:

chub

i have managed to get some free flies form carlsons they sent me 1 flexi buzzer 1 blushing buzzer 1 epoxy buzzer & 1 pearly invicta [:D] so if amyone wants some free flies then you just need to send an e-mail to them with your name and address there e-mail address is fish@carlsons.co.uk. and threre website address is www.carlsons.co.uk .

i love catching chub

Status
Not open for further replies.