FREE TO COLLECTOR

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
As part of our house move I have decided to get rid of my snooker table. I don't mind if it goes to a fellow drowner who will use it or to someone who knows a deserving charity that they could give it to. The top measures 7' 6" x 4' approx, it has solid oak hand turned legs and a slate bed (in other words very, very heavy). It was hand made for me by Brian Sloane of Cheshire Billiards (Scunthorpe); the same people who built the tables for a world championship at the Crucible. It comes complete with Snooker and Billiard Balls as well as Red and Yellow Pool balls, a cue stand, Rest and Spider. I don't want anything for it but the satisfaction that it will bring pleasure to someone; the only proviso is that it will have to be collected and it will need two people, at least, to load and unload it into a van and I would like it to be taken by the end of next week (Sun 22nd March). I have enclosed a couple of pics.

Ivy house 2012 001.JPG eric 013.JPG

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
That's a really nice gesture Dave.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
2 books were gonna be skipped, I know there’s a few on here like this subject anyone want em pm me 👍

55634B0F-615B-4BA8-BFBF-6DE986021BEA.jpeg 37F9CE20-A0E9-4E73-848D-D2CFAD291EEB.jpeg

Chervil

Site Supporter
Bit of a strange one. We bought a digital safe about 4/5 years ago, looks like the one below. It is still in the box, never been opened. It has been in the garage and we are having a sort out. It either goes on here, or goes to the charity shop next week. Site supporters only, Central Bedfordshire, very close to the A1 will meet at Baldock services, wear a red rose and carry a copy of the Times!

Chervil

Site Supporter
The garage tidy/clear out continues. Shakespeare seatbox, two trays, seat cushion, strap and, drum roll please :band:........ Octplus legs. I've even spent an hour taking it apart and giving it a clean. It's been sitting in one garage or the other for a while, so someone might as well make use of it.
Central Beds, near A1. Site supporters only, hurry, or it goes to Cancer Research.

IMG_20200708_135234719.jpg IMG_20200708_135250178.jpg IMG_20200708_135344259.jpg

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The garage tidy/clear out continues. Shakespeare seatbox, two trays, seat cushion, strap and, drum roll please :band:........ Octplus legs. I've even spent an hour taking it apart and giving it a clean. It's been sitting in one garage or the other for a while, so someone might as well make use of it.
Central Beds, near A1. Site supporters only, hurry or it goes to Cancer Research.

View attachment 37158 View attachment 37159 View attachment 37160
That would make a lovely box for someone. A young lad starting out would be proud of that. Must say .... Extremely clean. You have used it ? 😆👍

Chervil

Site Supporter
That would make a lovely box for someone. A young lad starting out would be proud of that. Must say .... Extremely clean. You have used it ? 😆👍
Not since we moved out of London, so at least 17 years. It's just been collecting dust and used as a storage box. And its clean because I spent an hour cleaning it. I even took the legs off.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
They seem very popular with sea anglers for some reason ??? Very clean. You've done a lovely job there Chervil. I just wish I knew someone who would appreciate it and take care of it. A lovely box made even better with the Octoplus legs on it. 👍

Chervil

Site Supporter
They seem very popular with sea anglers for some reason ??? Very clean. You've done a lovely job there Chervil. I just wish I knew someone who would appreciate it and take care of it. A lovely box made even better with the Octoplus legs on it. 👍
I'm assuming because there is nothing to rust and it doubles as a lifeboat;)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I'm assuming because there is nothing to rust and it doubles as a lifeboat;)
😆😆. Not thought of that. It's just when we have a run out to the coast and the tide is in I see quite a few of those Shakey boxes in use. They seem very fashionable amongst the sea anglers nowadays. The boxes themselves are very light and it isn't as though sea anglers carry a lot of gear. Maybe they take plenty of sarnies ? 😆😆

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Free to a maggotdrowner (site supporters only). Roof box and roof bars. The current brackets fit an Audi A6 avant but if you just buy the right brackets from Halfords they will fit most cars. One of the existing brackets is very difficult to tighten up but I’ve been using it regularly without any problems. The lock on the roof box seized up and I drilled it out so you need to use the ratchet strap to hold the lid down. You will have to collect it from Buxton Derbyshire if you want it.

D6E783FC-400F-4E68-AE24-DF589FC3C847.jpeg

Chervil

Site Supporter
Central Beds, near A1. Site supporters only, hurry, or it goes to Cancer Research.

View attachment 37158 View attachment 37159 View attachment 37160
Gone now

danteb

Site Supporter
As part of our house move I have decided to get rid of my snooker table. I don't mind if it goes to a fellow drowner who will use it or to someone who knows a deserving charity that they could give it to. The top measures 7' 6" x 4' approx, it has solid oak hand turned legs and a slate bed (in other words very, very heavy). It was hand made for me by Brian Sloane of Cheshire Billiards (Scunthorpe); the same people who built the tables for a world championship at the Crucible. It comes complete with Snooker and Billiard Balls as well as Red and Yellow Pool balls, a cue stand, Rest and Spider. I don't want anything for it but the satisfaction that it will bring pleasure to someone; the only proviso is that it will have to be collected and it will need two people, at least, to load and unload it into a van and I would like it to be taken by the end of next week (Sun 22nd March). I have enclosed a couple of pics.

View attachment 28143 View attachment 28142
Hi Dave
Did your snooker table get a new home?
Regards Dave