FREE TO COLLECTOR

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
A fantastic offer Millers Thumb but people seem to be slow to read these threads.
I am in Sheffield and if I needed any more rods I would ask for these immediately.
With the offer of dropping off in various areas, MD's would be mad to ignore this.
I removed my last 2 offers due to lack of interest.:crybaby2:

You normally find when it says "collection only" you struggle to find takers....i've seen a fair few offers on here i'd love to have taken but they are collection only and when you live hours away it's a long drive!
I'd love the rods, i could give them to my youngest but it is a 3 o 4 hour round trip for me

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Basically @Trogg, I have the same predicament. Some very good stuff donated by some very kind MD'ers, but can't get there. I no longer drive due to a heart problem and it's a no-go for me on trains and busses (time tied to medication). What might take you 4 hours round trip could take me all day. I have to say though that I applaud the members that put the things up for grabs in the first place.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The title of the threads is Free to Collector. :)
And fair enough. But when I see something that I could really do with, I can't collect because of distance etc. I then see articles going in the bin when good use can be made of them.

Garys222

Free to collector, Rotherham South yorks, or can arrange to drop off Selby, York, Malton areas. 3 rods , John Wilson Avon Quiver (original) the quiver tip section has about 2 inches missing down to 2nd eye, its worked fine like that for last 20yr had lots of barbel up to 9lb no problem, also John Wilson masterline Debut 10ft 3 piece float rod never been used, and a Shakespeare Liberty 7ft spinning rod (casting weight 15-20 gr) in good con. site supporters only.
I'll take you up on your kind offer, I'm in Sheffield, Cheers Gary

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
It would help, if at the side of there name it tells you the aera they live, it says when they joined if there a site supporter, how come it don't put the area where they live,. Some times when I look at things not just on free to collect, by the time iv found where the poster lives it's of no use anyway. Sure at one time under your name it gave an area where the poster lived, is there a reason they don't anymore.

Chervil

Site Supporter
It would help, if at the side of there name it tells you the aera they live, it says when they joined if there a site supporter, how come it don't put the area where they live,. Some times when I look at things not just on free to collect, by the time iv found where the poster lives it's of no use anyway. Sure at one time under your name it gave an area where the poster lived, is there a reason they don't anymore.
Everyone can do that. Go into your account-account details and it allows you to set a location. Which then shows, as mine does. When you "hover" over their avatar.

Edit Just realised you already knew that as you have done it. Don't worry, i'm going to beat myself with a damp lettuce leaf.o_O

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I’ve a preston 10tube holdal. One zip broken so you need to fully close and open. Other than that it’s got loads of life lift in it. 0EE33035-F1AC-46BB-8B21-AFEF0B1BC3FD.jpeg 402D059F-6A3A-4F0A-A0E0-DE955A945A2F.jpeg BE0FD6A2-D0F5-480A-B0F3-BCB563D9E12C.jpeg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
In the past the member's location did show under their membername, however since the introduction of GDPR we are no longer allowed to do that as it's displaying personal data.
However, as Chervil posted there is nothing wrong with editing your profile and adding the details yourself :)

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
0489FCE7-20C5-48FB-9959-B66E7DE3BBE4.jpeg

16 foot telescopic unbreakable rod Lineaeffe Pegasus 6006 brand new 👍

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Juwel rio 180 aquarium and matching juwel cabinet, complete with lighting, heating and internal power filter.
Moved house and this aquarium is just slightly too big for the alcove it was going to be placed, and we have bought a juwel 120 instead. I would rather give this away than try and sell it,
I am based in Crewe, Cheshire
PM me and l can send pictures via Whatsapp.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Juwel rio 180 aquarium and matching juwel cabinet, complete with lighting, heating and internal power filter.
Moved house and this aquarium is just slightly too big for the alcove it was going to be placed, and we have bought a juwel 120 instead. I would rather give this away than try and sell it,
I am based in Crewe, Cheshire
PM me and l can send pictures via Whatsapp.
20190915_154249.jpg