Free standing rive side tray

Jamie 76

Evening chaps , anyone happen to know what the difference is between the standard free standing xxl side tray and the guru rive one....other than £30 I can't see from thumb nail pics any difference...cheers

Pimmy C

Hi Jamie I was wondering the same but I can tell you that I’m quite certain that the Rive one is a kind of dark grey colour and the Rive Guru one is black.
I just bought the Rive one in XL it holds about 6 3pt bait boxes. I’m thinking of taking back to change it for the xxl. It’s much bigger but maybe too big hmmmm ???

rufcuk

Site Supporter
Only differance is the name - ones named guru as sold through guru catalogue - i have the self supporting rive they are spot on

kingfisher5

The Rive XL is spot on. Also seen the new two tier side tray in the 2019 Rive catalogue which is ingenious as you can keep all the important items like phone etc away from the mess of the bait tubs etc

Jamie 76

Apparently according to angling direct the non guru ones are being discontinued.....I grabbed an xxl one for £ 70

rufcuk

Site Supporter
You have done very well with that one - i have the awning on mine spot on so much easier than a bait brolly

rufcuk

Site Supporter
Theres several you can get - i have the rive black and aqua - they also do the grey older version - once you have the awning you can also buy a replacement skin from halkon hunt in the xl and xxl sizes - also seatbox uk make custom ones

Pimmy C

Theres several you can get - i have the rive black and aqua - they also do the grey older version - once you have the awning you can also buy a replacement skin from halkon hunt in the xl and xxl sizes - also seatbox uk make custom ones

Ahh that’s interesting. So the grey ones are the older ones. You see Angling Direct advertise the grey ones as being better for all weather. E.g they say in the sun a black awning becomes a bit of an a oven. What’s your experience pal. How have you found it in the sun?

rufcuk

Site Supporter
There maybe some differance but no issues for me - download a catalogue from rives website as there is now a newer set of waterproof black and aqua as well

Pimmy C

I’ve noticed that. It doesn’t seem to show the difference between standard and waterproof in the catalog. I wonder if the waterproof is completely different material or just material instead of mesh at the sides?

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I have a freestanding XL and didn’t like the fact that it was pretty loose on the leg. I machined a plastic sleeve to go inside mine , which makes it a tighter fit. You could do this for a 25mm leg , although the 36mm ones are much more stable , so not sure if the 25mm will be quite so stable.