Free spirit hi s carp feeder rods

chris1967

Site Supporter
Had a bit of lockdown money saved lol and ordered a couple .i've ordered a 11ft hi s carp feeder and a 9ft carp feeder for bomb rod through the winter months ,my question is does anyone have a 9ft .i'm beginning to doubt myself and thinking i should have gone 10ft . i dont need to chuck to the moon only 30/40 yard tops

lucc

With a 9 ft, 30 yards is ok, 40 is rather stretched...
Use dennet feeders (best) or preston window to optimize the distance.

Total

Site Supporter
@chris1967 ....You've nothing to worry about Chris....Your purchases are special rods, hence the prices....Your 9 footer will reach your intended distances.....Enjoy.(y)

chris1967

Site Supporter
@chris1967 ....You've nothing to worry about Chris....Your purchases are special rods, hence the prices....Your 9 footer will reach your intended distances.....Enjoy.(y)

sorry i could have explained myself better ,do you think it is under gunned for larger carp

Total

Site Supporter
sorry i could have explained myself better ,do you think it is under gunned for larger carp

Nothing to apologise for Chris, I understand what your thinking etc.....I personally wouldn't say "they're under gunned for larger carp".....Many different parameters to consider etc....These 'family' of rods are built. marketed, priced etc to do a job and they will admirably....Use and enjoy....You only live once..... ;) :giggle: