Free Spirit CTX Power Feeder Rod

Indrikis

Hi everybody,
i'm currently looking for a 12' feeder rod - casting weight till 90 gr. or a bit more, 2 parts and slim blank.

I'm between Free Spirit CTX Power feeder, Maver Diamond, Tri-Cast perfection feeder or XRS Method feeder.

Has anybody any experience with this rods? Maybe any other possibilities?
I usually fish in middle flowing river, where sometimes i need weights till 90 gr.

Thank You for any advices and comments!

Indrikis.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I was looking at the Free Spirit rods too until I noticed they had screw up reel fittings which I don’t like. Pity, as they do look very good at the price point.

Indrikis

I was looking at the Free Spirit rods too until I noticed they had screw up reel fittings which I don’t like. Pity, as they do look very good at the price point.
Have they a slim blank? Unfortunately i don't have a possibility to see and touch the rods in shop, so i saw them only in internet. The available visual information is quite uncertain... Maybe You can tell a bit more your feeling and impression about the rod?
How about other options?

Thank You!

Reuben

Site Supporter
Haven’t actually held one but the reviews say that the blank is very good. Free Spirit have an excellent reputation for their carp rods. If it wasn’t for the screw up reel seat I may have pulled the trigger on their 12ft Carp Waggler.

Tip_King

I have the two piece CTX 12 ft BW
Very light and slim ... use it for method feeder and can easily hit 80 m plus
Think I paid about £120 for it
Also have two Hi S and one CTX 13ft two piece distance specials for my Loch Ken fishing
Again brilliant rods and very light / Slim

Barrycuda

I have the two piece CTX 12 ft BW
Very light and slim ... use it for method feeder and can easily hit 80 m plus
Think I paid about £120 for it
Also have two Hi S and one CTX 13ft two piece distance specials for my Loch Ken fishing
Again brilliant rods and very light / Slim
Hi mate

Im looking for a new distance method rod, for places like barston/jcb, chucking upto 100m. Would the ctx 13ft dist special be suitable for this or would it be better to go for the 13ft dist power you think? I also do a fair bit of long range conventional bream fishing you see and id like to stick to the softer rod if possible so it could serve both purposes. Having never seen either and not having a local stockist Ive no idea how the action is on either. Cheers

Tip_King

I think you will cast the required distance with the special. Obviously the distance is a more powerful rod and can chuck heavier feeders but the special is a better all round rod and a 45-50gm method should easily reach