Free Orange Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragman

Just wondered if any of you have got the free orange broadband for contact customers....

The missus has been looking into it, cos we feel we're getting a raw deal and paying too much with our present ISP, BT...

Any info on this welcome...

Thanks

bigdavewsf

i set itt upi for my brother...pain in the proverbial to set up, had to endure long phonecalls to india to end up at square 1, sorted it out via email eventually, but it took days

now its up and running its fine, a bit slow compared to my isp ( virgin) but good enough especially for free

tommodiesel

I've got it mate and it's spot on, had it for about 6 months and never had a problem with it.

The wife arranged it all so it cant be that difficult because she's a bit...[|)][|)][|)]

J

Chubonator
ive got it too, although mine is the unlimited package for 5.

Set it up the same as any other broadband on a router, usual UK settings plus the normal username and password thats it!

Dont listen to people telling you it's slower than any other ISP, your line will do the speed it's capable of nothing to do with the ISP.

simonelsey

only1 net empty
Originally posted by J

ive got it too, although mine is the unlimited package for 5.

Set it up the same as any other broadband on a router, usual UK settings plus the normal username and password thats it!

Dont listen to people telling you it's slower than any other ISP, your line will do the speed it's capable of nothing to do with the ISP.
DOnt go with Tiscalli[}:)] .... THey have serious bandwidth issues at the exchanges at the moment . Between midnight and 5pm are fast but slow right down to 256 between 5pm and 12 . Tiscali I can assure you are the slowest at the moment . You should see the support forums

Dragman

Thanks guys.....

That's the one the missus was talking about J... 5 for unlimited... that'll save us a packet on BT...

Looks like this is a go for us then...

I wouldn't touch Tiscali even if they paid ME to use them Simon, I have heard about it from a friend that used to have it...[xx(]

And finally, if it's that easy Tommo.. i'll leave it for the missus to set up then... ( while i do a spot of extra fishing [;)] )[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.