Free flu jab

violator

I had a free flu jab about a month ago at my doctors, I'm 51 but healthy, not sure why I was deemed to be at risk.

breadflake

Site Supporter
Should add that my wife had the flu jab two minutes after mine and said it hurt, next day her arm was red and very swollen and took 4 or 5 days to return to normal but she has had reactions to various treatments before over the years so must just be one of those things, we do not react all the same.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Believe me if you had ever had flu you would know it. ;)
I have never had it but I remember my dad getting Asian Flu in the sixties, the first and only time he had to stay in bed through illness.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I had the jab based on GP's orders - not so much should I have one but 'You will have one'

Never had one before but then again I hadn't run over a clutter of Black Cats before either ;)

Interesting choice of group name there; "a clutter of Black Cats". I was going to go all 'Grammar Police' on you. But on looking it up it is a valid use of the word. You could also have had "clowder", "cluster", "glaring", "pounce" or "destruction".

"A destruction of cats" - I like that one. (y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whatever it was there must have been a lot of them :D

spudnudd

Had flu jab for the first time last week no probs at all my wife also had it an hour earlier than me but had a sore arm for a day it was the same person that gave us the jab my wife said to me where there is no sense there is no feeling. :LOL:

Donny Pete

I had a free flu jab about a month ago at my doctors, I'm 51 but healthy, not sure why I was deemed to be at risk.

I’m 53 and healthy and I got charged £12.99 for a flu jab a fortnight ago. I could have bought a pork pie, a pot of dripping and 8 cans of John Smiths extra smooth with that.
:mad:

baboboy

Site Supporter
Had it for the first time through work this year. My reasoning I'm 42 no underlying Heath conditions as far as I am aware. But if I'm going to get covid this winter I'd like to be in tip top condition.

spudnudd

The other day they were discussing the covid vaccine being 95% positive for protection but also said the flue one was maybe slightly over 50% at best.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
That would make sense the covid vaccine targets one virus the flu vaccine it’s a guessing game as to which strain will be around.

violator

I tested positive today and I'm surprised, had no symptoms apart from a slight cold which I assumed was possibly linked to my flu jab. Mrs V has had it since Monday, and said she's had worse colds, apart from one day when she said her headache was pretty bad. Hopefully we've had a milder strain of it.

angel

Site Supporter
A few weeks ago before lockdown, I phoned my docs asking about a flu jab and was told I didn't qualify.
Aged 64, overweight, high bp, history of respiratory weakness. 🤔
Last week I got a text from them saying I was 'higher risk' and inviting me to get a jab.😊
Had it yesterday, very slick operation, no effects so far.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Ihave beem having flu jabs for a few years now ,with no problems at all
I did get a a text from docs to say book it ,problem was the phone line was the one for everything else
so took a long while to get thru ,said to daughter they need a dedicated line for ,we finally got there to get jab,
and then they make a line for flu jab

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
Had one for the past twelve years both at doctors and at the chemist, as I qualified on medical grounds. No issues, no illness, no bruising on the arm, no problem.