Free flu jab

commieboy257

won't be having it. saw the post covid 19 clinic the other day and the guy gave every nudge and wink to tell me not to have it based upon current lung difficulties and my prior reactions to said flu jab.
I'll be having the covid one though.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
After 40 years of working in peoples houses, the last 10 in some of the sh1ttiest dirty hovels you could imagine, I probably possess enough antibodies to last a life time. Don't think I have ever had flu, or a bad cold, if I got the sniffles it would last a day or two at most. My knees are knackered though.

62tucker

Site Supporter
After 40 years of working in peoples houses, the last 10 in some of the sh1ttiest dirty hovels you could imagine, I probably possess enough antibodies to last a life time. Don't think I have ever had flu, or a bad cold, if I got the sniffles it would last a day or two at most. My knees are knackered though.
Only time I have had flu 🤷‍♂️ Was late December early January this year. Was knackered for weeks. 3 chest X-ray. 3 lots of antibiotics. Or was it covid 🤷‍♂️

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Believe me if you had ever had flu you would know it. ;)
I've been in houses where the occupants are coughing and spluttering all over the place, I must have built up an immunity of some sort. I did get septicemia from an infected wound, that wasn't fun.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I've had the flu jab every year for the last 5 or 6 years. No real side effects bar a bit of a sore arm for a day or so, and no flu (touch wood).

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Already had mine - I’ve a history of developing sudden onset pneumonia following previous episodes of flu - if I ever do get Covid I’m probably well and truly bo@*@*ed

baggy

Mark Saunders
Had a flu jab for the last 6/7 years as I work for the ambulance service. Only side effects I’ve ever had is a sore arm

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had the jab based on GP's orders - not so much should I have one but 'You will have one'

Never had one before but then again I hadn't run over a clutter of Black Cats before either ;)

breadflake

Site Supporter
Had flu jabs for the last ten years or so no problems but if I get sniffles / a cold it goes straight to my chest and I sound like that Bob Flemming character from the fast show :eek:

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Never had one, and never really suffer with colds for more than 2 or 3 days. Not sure about this COVID jab, although the one they have developed in Oxford might be better tested. I wouldn’t trust anything the yanks are pushing , it’s all about the money with them and being first to get to the market.

Donny Pete

Never had one, and never really suffer with colds for more than 2 or 3 days. Not sure about this COVID jab, although the one they have developed in Oxford might be better tested. I wouldn’t trust anything the yanks are pushing , it’s all about the money with them and being first to get to the market.
That doesn’t make much sense.<EDIT>

piscatorial

If you are going to have the Flu Jab, then please make sure you have it at your Doctors Surgery and not at the local Chemist/ Pharmacy.
Reason?
No Chemists that I know have the appropriate resuscitation equipment to save you if you have a bad reaction to the jab.