France

CuttsA

Hi all,

Been a while since I have been on the forums... infact I had to re-register....

Anyhow I am looking for some advice on fishing in France for carp... I am looking to go very soon but for short breaks i.e Friday to Sunday rather then a full week at a time.

Can anyone recommend any places either drive and survive or all inclusive?

Thanks

Marker50

Site Supporter
Hi mate.on carp uk forum there is a thread just what you are looking for

Backwoodsman

Check out fennel’s priory blog. He features quarry bank carp fishing in France. Not certain of the location.

Silure

Site Supporter
Hi all,

Been a while since I have been on the forums... infact I had to re-register....

Anyhow I am looking for some advice on fishing in France for carp... I am looking to go very soon but for short breaks i.e Friday to Sunday rather then a full week at a time.

Can anyone recommend any places either drive and survive or all inclusive?

Thanks
Hi I live in South West France in the Haute Vienne department. We have over 10000 lakes in the region lots with carp. Its a long way from Dover ferries but once down here you will get a good welcome. Bonne Peche Anling in our local commune, Roussac, plus nearby Lac St Pardoux, 300 hectre lake. Plus the beer and wine is a lot cheaper than the UK.

Silure

Site Supporter
Hi I live in South West France in the Haute Vienne department. We have over 10000 lakes in the region lots with carp. Its a long way from Dover ferries but once down here you will get a good welcome. Bonne Peche Anling in our local commune, Roussac, plus nearby Lac St Pardoux, 300 hectre lake. Plus the beer and wine is a lot cheaper than the UK.

Rick123

Site Supporter
If you want something a bit different, the rivers are amazing. I lived in the Charente region for a decade and had dozens and dozens of twenties in that time of the rivers. Worth doing some homework and finding your own heaven on earth? Many rivers I did not fish but info available online. Best of luck Richard.

genesis

Living Leg End
Site Supporter
Don't forget to lock yourself in your house for two weeks when you come back home.

Silure

Site Supporter
If you want something a bit different, the rivers are amazing. I lived in the Charente region for a decade and had dozens and dozens of twenties in that time of the rivers. Worth doing some homework and finding your own heaven on earth? Many rivers I did not fish but info available online. Best of luck Richard.
Agree re the rivers. The Vienne is great for carp and big catfish. I fish near Availles-Limouzine and along that long stretch to L'isle Jourdain. Confolons is good for barbel and La Rallerie good for all sorts Bream carp biggest roach i have ever seen.