Framfield - Sping Lake - East Sussex

Status
Not open for further replies.

shagga

A Leatherhead DAS club match which only attracted 23 anglers...unusual as most of the club matches attract between 40-50 anglers...perhaps because it was out of season or that a few members opted to fish the Stubpond sixes match? Still, those that didn't fish missed an excellent 6 hour match. A total of 1400lbs was caught (average of over 60lbs per angler) with the winning weight of 137lbs falling to Melvyn Gray on his first ever visit to Framfield from peg 60. Magnificent catch when you think he'd not even seen the place before...must have done his homework beforehand! Fishing meat over meat at short range for carp averaging 2-3lbs he finished 30lbs ahead of his nearest rival, Dave "Pikey" Pearson on peg 47 who weighed in 107lbs fishing paste and meat at 6m and down the edge. I finished 8th (5th in section!) from peg 48 with 74lbs 14oz, all carp averaging 1-2lbs caught on punched meat over pellet. The flyer (peg 63) finished last with 23lbs!!! The fish were just starting to spawn with a lot of reed rustling before the match making us wonder whether the fish would feed...they did but a few more days might see them switch off...otherwise get down to Framfield and fill yer boots!

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Shagga,

If I still lived in Battle, East Sussex I would give it another go but a long drive from Swansea.

When I lived in the area I spent more time at Wylands and on the Military canal and the Rother.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

RSSG member - are you?

Edited by - geoff P on 20 May 2002 9:38:04 PM

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well done shagga sounds like a good days fishing allround.
One of my clubmates (Danny Corneille) fished the match,next peg to the leatherhead match secretary and said he really enjoyed it(even if he did lose 20 carp)

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

shagga

Well Danny will have seen the match secretary (Mark "Athers" Hathaway) land a 7lb carp 13 minutes after the whilstle to sneak into the frame and some coin in 4th place....he got a bit of friendly stick for that cos we saw him handlining it at one point in desperation!!! It really was a fantastic days fishing and I hope Danny will be coming to the other matches so I can introduce myself (I don't think I know him...is he a new member? I have got a terrible memory for names!)

Status
Not open for further replies.