Frack Off

crackatoa

Site Supporter
It would appear Cuadrilla's investors are ready to pull out:

Massive boost for the local community

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I dont know why the Residents are moaning a Big earthquake might be the upgrade Blackpool is Looking for.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
To be honest, all the active fracking sites and those planned are all in areas that need to be demolished, they are of no use to anyone, does anyone really care about the likes of Nottingham, West Sussex or Surrey, Knostrop could be a problem if they have an uncontrolled leak into the Beck but thankfully it only flows into the Aire and so long as they keep it out of the Aire/Calder navigation it's only the river that will suffer so no great loss there.

I must admit i'm looking forward to the Yorkshire and Lincolnshire ones starting up, once those old mines start collapsing and the sinkholes start opening up the areas will start to improve, sadly due to the pollution that is caused by the "water" used in Fracking i can see the watertables in the areas going downhill fast, which will be a shame, the Yorkshire rivers, Lincolnshire Witham and some of those excellent lakes will possibly be nothing but open sewers by the time the fracking has finished.

Still, on the upside they are claiming the fracking operations could create jobs in the hundreds which can only be a good thing i suppose?

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Does that mean Blackpool Rd will go back to at 50 zone.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Has it yet been proved the Fracking causes or caused earth quakes ? Genuine Question

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Tremors in Lancashire above the agreed limit , so the company want the limit lifted so they can cause a proper Earthquake

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Ah Corbyn , to be honest everytime you mention Corbyn I put a pound in a jar , the Wife had to phone Securicor yesterday to take it all to the Bank

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
If it creates jobs and provides cheaper energy then I’m all for it. Worry about an earthquake when it happens.
We where in Lytham enjoying a pizza and a few protesters when handing out leaflets and trying to convince people to be against it. It was funny to watch n listen.

Simon R

Site Supporter
The site that made we smile was the one at Kirby Misperton in North Yorkshire - listening to the usual collection of protesting crusties and locals you were given the impression that its some sort of rural idyll that would be spoilt by a 30 foot high chimney and a few portacabins.

The village is home to two huge caravan parks and sandwiched between them is a zoo and them park - Flamingo Land - the tops of the roller-coasters and the big wheel are far more than 30 feet and can be clearly seen from four or five miles away.

Not sure which company was behind that site (not Cuadrilla) but they ran out of cash too.
The protesters seemed to think they'd pulled out due to their activities but it had nowt to with them - the county council had given planning permission and what the protesters didn't know was the same company had spent the previous five years doing test drilling all around that area of North Yorkshire, including quite a bit of small scale fracking - the site at Kirby Misperton was chosen since it gave the best yield - plus the County Council considered (correctly in my opinion) that the visual intrusion of a fracking plant would be less noticeable than the adjacent theme park which had been present for decades and kept expanding.

Simon