Foxes

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Just lately whilst being out early morning or evening with Albert I’ve seen a lot of Fox's, are these still classed as vermin ? Or are they protected ?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
We had a fox in our back garden the other day. We get them round by us quite a bit. You can hear them terrorising the wildlife in the night.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When I was younger we lived behind the east coast main train line and there were 100s on the embankments.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Fox's what?
Sorry, couldn't resist a pop at the grocer's apostrophe.
Now, foxes have never been officially classified as vermin - even though many consider them thus. They are protected by various laws but shooting them is allowed. Hunting with dogs is not because the Blair government couldn't bear the thought of perceived toffs on horseback.
Where I used to live in Redhill we were infested with the dadblasted creatures like most of Surrey.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
We get them in our part of Sheffield as well, bin raiding vermin

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Foxes ah my phone is dixlictic it must be the unpredicted text ??

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
With pickings in the countryside getting slimmer they come into towns and raid bins... I used to see foxes and badgers in Harlow Town when I used to drive to work at 5am... foxes even come down my road at night, but then I am close to farmland

62tucker

Site Supporter
Got a few on my wildlife cameras up in forest area up Northumberland and they were proper skittish. And some big ones. The towns ones are much tamer and not so scared of humans.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The reason I thought that a old lad who I used to drink with once said when he was a kid he used to get 2 bob for foxes tails ??

There's a chap not far from here doing a full fox fur at £25 a pop.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
We see the odd one round here, but between our psychotic cat and the badgers they don't hang around much.