Fox Vs greys

mimississ

Site Supporter
Eyup lads...I'm in the market for a pair of 1.75/2.25 twin tip barbel rods...both fox and Grey's are on my list to have a look at...but is there much difference of quality between them....does one make of rod have different playing /casting curves or is one tippier than the other what are your thoughts ...preferences....etc

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Never used a fox rod but have used greys and they have been pretty good, been quite a renowned name in the market for years now so must be doing something right.

mimississ

Site Supporter
Yeah I use the diawa powermesh 12ft....2.75lb....im wanting a pair of twin tip 1.75/2.25 so I can cover all avenues.. I just can't decide on which is the best fox or Grey's..

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I find the Grey's are a bit more forgiving, so you can bend into fish without pulling the hook.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
I've the Fox Barbel 'Duo' XS 12ft 1.75lb from about 2006. £70 at the time.
I had two of them and regret selling the second one for small money.
Outstanding rods with a forgiving, progressive action with plenty of power in reserve without fear of hook pulls.
The Fox Duo's are a sight after rod now and go for good money on eBay.
This is one that sold recently which is a more recent model to the green coloured one I own:

mimississ

Site Supporter
Well lads..I looked at both...side by side....the Grey's twin tip 1.75/2.25 was my choice over the fox twin tip 1.75/2.25....and it saved me £45 on each rod so all in all a nice saving of £90....though it was not the money saving that swayed it....the Grey's in my opinion is made just that bit better and I preferred the action of it to the fox....each to their own