Fox Mini Micron Bite Alarm

Truly

Site Supporter
With our Fen drains being regularly too heavily coloured for lure fishing, I thought I would explore some more tackle for dead-baiting once Covid situation improves.
I have bought a suitable rod and reel so far. (y)
I have been looking at bite alarms and wondered whether members have the Fox Mini Micron ? A single unit is around £30 and available, so could add another if necessary in future.
Would the Mini Micron be suitable ?

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
If you get no joy with the microns and you'd like a solid reliable cheap alarm and not fussed about receiver box then the Nash S5's are awesome for £20.

Truly

Site Supporter
If you get no joy with the microns and you'd like a solid reliable cheap alarm and not fussed about receiver box then the Nash S5's are awesome for £20.
I have been looking at the S5s, which appear to fit the bill (y) The adverts give a range of colours, most of which are out of stock. However the blue is often in stock. I am assuming that the colour is that of the LEDs rather than the item itself ? Is that correct ?
I wonder why the blue is the least popular and if it is a problem ? Perhaps it reminds us of the dreaded flashing blues in the rear view mirror, three points and a fixed penalty ticket?:rolleyes:

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Yes its LED colour, I happen to have the blue ones and they look really good to me 🤷‍♂️

Batteries last ages in these too, there's been a couple weeks where I've forgot to switch them off and batteries still going strong.

Truly

Site Supporter
Yes its LED colour, I happen to have the blue ones and they look really good to me 🤷‍♂️

Batteries last ages in these too, there's been a couple weeks where I've forgot to switch them off and batteries still going strong.
Nash S5 arrived (birthday present (y) ). Like most things, no instructions with it. A small, very soft, screw-in rubber widget was included in the box. On the box it calls it a ''hockey stick'' o_O. What is that for and how do I use it ??

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
It’s probably something you can use to attach a chain link drop off indicator to, so would go between the alarm and the bank stick. I always use rear drop off indicators when piking (personally use the Fox ones) as you can then fish with an open bail arm, so as little resistance as possible.

Attachments

• DFD57573-E357-48D5-B115-FE4A0B7BE172.jpeg
    DFD57573-E357-48D5-B115-FE4A0B7BE172.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 9

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Nash S5 arrived (birthday present (y) ). Like most things, no instructions with it. A small, very soft, screw-in rubber widget was included in the box. On the box it calls it a ''hockey stick'' o_O. What is that for and how do I use it ??

Really easy to use, just stick battery in and one button powers on/off and other does volume level.

Never used the hockey stick thing, cant even remember what it looks like lol.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Batteries they take are CR123A incase its not telling you anything on the box 👍 can get a pack of 10 lithiums for £17 which will last you years, but be worth checking the best before date with the seller.

Truly

Site Supporter
Batteries they take are CR123A incase its not telling you anything on the box 👍 can get a pack of 10 lithiums for £17 which will last you years, but be worth checking the best before date with the seller.
I think they may have changed them ? There is a sticker on the alarm warning to use a CR2 3 volt battery.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I think they may have changed them ? There is a sticker on the alarm warning to use a CR2 3 volt battery.

Strange, I'll have to go check mine.

*edit*

CR2 in mine as well lol, but I've bought some CR123A recently and now I don't know what for 😆

Last edited: